• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Valiant time

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Some people hate those cars but I love 'em! A few years ago when I did a mortgage refi adding money for projects and another car I had been looking on line for cars for sale and had found a '62 Valiant that I was really interested in. It was a black 2 door with a red interior, and 3 speed on the floor. What made it interesting was that it had the aluminum leaning tower of power! But by the time my loan came through the car was sold! :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah those bodies are a love it or hate it, and definatly won't see a row of them lined up at a show. dad's Lancer had the push button automatic.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Did some mock up today. Set it down on the K-frame and dropped the 440 in so I could see what needs relocated on the fire wall. Blower motor has to go Chris was right on with that call, everything else looks good. I need to call Vintage air and see where everything connects. Guess I'll be welding some holes up.

DSCN5573.jpg

DSCN5574.jpg

DSCN5575.jpg

DSCN5576.jpg

Steve

Reaction score
440 powered,love it.It must be great to work on the car outside at this time of year and not be freezing your ass off.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
[video=youtube;oFRbZJXjWIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRbZJXjWIA[/video]

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
OK Basketcase, ACME Shipping came through, I got the valve covers. I think I'm going to take the intake down to the powder coat outfit and have them put a ceramic finish on it.

How do like the fit of them tri-Y headers ??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They have a nice fit with the power steering and starter,TTI makes them for Schumacher

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
I kind of like the looks to be a metallic Brown, didn't go with the black or 2 tone... I read thru most all the thread, minus some of the going off track nonsense...LOL, that's a great project, keep up the good work... she should be a nice light & well performing toy

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Another nice day in paradise. The tires are just rollers and a bit tall for the front.

DSCN5612.jpg

DSCN5613.jpg

DSCN5616.jpg

DSCN5617.jpg

DSCN5624.jpg

DSCN5622.jpg

DSCN5623.jpg

DSCN5625.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's slick, but I'd rather leave the car on the ground. Engine looks like a good fit.

Back