• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front inner fender question

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you need to make friends with duct tape and tarp straps..........well maybe next year! keep an eye out for me and say hey.My Green Roadrunner.jpg

My Green Roadrunner.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
First year in the Fun Field for me, so I have no idea just where I'll be parked. But I'll be in the swap meet for sure.

quikbird

Reaction score
I'll be looking through there for whatever looks good as well. give me a call on 614 286 1439 and we'll meet up and say hi. I want to see your bird as well.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
will do, and whom should I ask for?:groucho:
740-317-3961

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Rob, you can look for my car too. Dave and I will be parked together and I doubt that there will be many other cars with the old blue CT plates on them!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and my buddy's blue '71 road runner will be there two.

quikbird

Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Let's do it. My friends 66 satellite will be there racing in stick class

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Rob, you can look for my car too. Dave and I will be parked together and I doubt that there will be many other cars with the old blue CT plates on them!

Those blue plates are what sets your car off from the others

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just think of all the Blue Bashing that will be going on and no Blue Boys to defend themselves....

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
rust convert it and paint it /you can cut that rust out and over lap and glue it ,make sure you put it on thick and rust proof it the glue has anti rust stuff in it and if it sealed you are golden and you wont fire eat your metal and have rust again16964_103884009636159_3729697_n.jpg

16964_103884009636159_3729697_n.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
It has been a while, so it is time for an update. some things have tqaken longer than I thought would take, just because other stuff has gotten moved up to the front of the line and took precedence, but i think the stuff is all cleared out and now it is time to get back to working on the roadrunner. when we last left off the engine is back in the car. radiator has been reinstalled and engine campartment is just about finished. about only thing left to do is install distributer and plug wires. holding off on that so I can prime oil pump close to fire up time. Have finally got the fenders back on the car

IMG_1852.jpg

only took three days to get them to hang right

IMG_1853.jpgIMG_1854.jpg

had to trim the back edge of the drivers side fender and the gap needs ust a little more refinement. I think I trimmed the edge I had to weld just a hair to far. will need to add just a little bit of welding to the middle to even gap up.

removed the windshield and of course found more fun

IMG_1855.jpgIMG_1856.jpg

also managed to find the original color of the car

IMG_1857.jpgIMG_1858.jpg

also ran into a problem coming with the passenger door. it appears to be a replacement and as can be seen from the photo is not the correct shape and is to narrow to line up with the rear quarter.

IMG_1859.jpgIMG_1860.jpg

so, big question is do I slice and dice this door to fit or look for a replacement? all opinions will be appreciated

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I was sweating it out when my windshield got pulled, but luckily no holes.
wonder if that door is off a Coronet?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's the right door but the quarter has been hammered flat or filled.

moparmonk

Reaction score
X2 with 69 Hemibeep. Has the car had quarter skins put on it? The first version quarter skins that were available in the early 90's did not have nearly the pronounced lines that the originals had. Looks like a tough one to solve. Does the rollover seam in the door jamb seem excessively wide? If it does, than it may be one of these styles. Keep us updated on your progress and glad to see your going again.

quikbird

Reaction score
It did have fender skins installed by a previous owner and they appear to be pop riveted and bondo-ed . A friend of mine has been itching for years to go down the top of the rear fenders with a body grinder so we can weld and finish the job right. will post a picture of the underside of the fender so everyone else can have a laugh and shake their heads like I've been doing for a while.
Both fenders have been done and interestingly the drivers side lines up well with the door. that is why I think the passenger door is a repop from someone. the front of that door lines up quite well with the front fender

Back