• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front inner fender question

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just be sure not to make that mistake again Harold.....

quikbird

Reaction score
okay, update on some of the questions.
here is a picture of the rear quarter and it certainly looks like a fair amount of filler

IMG_1865.jpg

also have some photos of the rear quarters. if you look closely at the top edge about a couple inches in you will see a nice row of bumps down the fender. Pretty sure these are pop rivet heads from where they attached the fender. also a picture of the inside of the fender as promised showing all the &*%$#(*&^^ rivits

IMG_1861.jpgIMG_1861.jpgIMG_1863.jpg

engine compartment almost done, just needs the pins for the hood set and a few touchup things

IMG_1866.jpg

looks like will have to wait until get the rear fender straightened out before I can decide on whether or how much to slice and dice the door
have most of the frame done for the fuel cell, just have to weld it into the car

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I was going to post something but see you have moved on past it.

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
Rapid, go ahead and post anyway, you never know if myself or someone else may have missed something. Plus in case you haven't noticed most of the guys on here won't miss much of a chance to bust my chops over any of this. If you don't mind a little abuse as well, by all means jump in.:groucho:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks like the same body shop did my car too.....not a weld in sight on the old quarters...but a TON of rivets....

Collin

Reaction score
Both of my quarters were pop riveted on and body filled over. Both sides didn't match either. I've been there I totally know what you're feeling

Collin

Reaction score
I also had my inner fenders cut up for fenderwell headers, and smashed and tweaked frame rails.... Lots of work

quikbird

Reaction score
this weekend finally managed to get the headlight wiring finished and installed

IMG_1867.jpg

have left the turn and park light wires a little long yet since I haven't test fit the bumper. have added a ground wire for the park lights since glass bumper won't ground housing.
also got some work done on fuel cell framing and test fit the fuel cell.

IMG_1868.jpgIMG_1869.jpgIMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
progress report from last weekend; As usual I outsmarted myself and ended up with more work than I needed. I got frugal and purchased a plastic fuel cell as previously shown, then discovered that according to nhra rules if the tank is outside the body, it needs to be covered in some way with metal of a certain thickness. so this weekend I finished building the tank cover.

IMG_1871.jpgIMG_1872.jpgIMG_1873.jpgIMG_1874.jpg

while waiting on the undercoating on the tank cover to dry got started on the roll bar:

IMG_1875.jpgIMG_1876.jpg

as mentioned on a diferent thread I am looking for advice on where to run the rear bars. I would like to keep a rear seat in the car but this may not permit that

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
Okay. I think this post will just about wrap up the thread. I'm not done with the car but since I started this one on a front inner fender it seems kind of fitting to wrap up with the front end of the car pretty much done. As to the rest of the stuff I will start some new threads in the appropriate areas.

so here are the final pictures of the front end all finished up. it took most of a day to get the hood pins set, and another one to finish the headlight/ turn signal wiring bumper installation.

IMG_1906.jpgIMG_1908.jpgIMG_1913.jpg

I think I am done with this end of the car until it is time to paint, hopefully this winter.

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
gonna get some miles on it now? that is if the @$%$#!! rain ever stops.

quikbird

Reaction score
getting much closer. finish wiring, get some seats in it and should be driveable, and ready for track

Back