• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting aussie roadrunner ready for road

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is for sure. I tried an 1/8 inch hole but that was too small for me so went with quarter inch. That seemed to work better. But welding with glasses on might have been my problem. Good luck. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
This look's like the norm for these car's. Bought the hole inner rocker and cut it to slip into the non damaged rocker. I was surprised it slipped into the old rocker. Look's good keep up the good work.

dodgey68

Reaction score
Made 2 of these and they fit.. lot more prep work before i fit these.
Not bad considering im not a panel beater. Just having a go..

20200520_083224.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
Nothing says need one big piece. Use smaller pieces and make sure get your body lines. You are well on your way. Looks good

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is the way to get it done. Never know unless you try. I did opt to get new quarter's. Still had to work on the metal where it met with the roof down the back window. Keep at it and you will get it. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
These area's seem to be the norm for rust. Got a good look at mine when doing the wheel tub install. Passenger side put half the rocker in my self. Seen a lot when putting new quarter's on also. Your getting it done for sure. We have to do what ever it takes for sure. You are saving a lot of money doing the work. :thumbsup2:

Back