• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting aussie roadrunner ready for road

dodgey68

Reaction score
These area's seem to be the norm for rust. Got a good look at mine when doing the wheel tub install. Passenger side put half the rocker in my self. Seen a lot when putting new quarter's on also. Your getting it done for sure. We have to do what ever it takes for sure. You are saving a lot of money doing the work. :thumbsup2:

thank you russ
its actually very good rust wise, trunk floor is good, front guards are good, doors are rust free and after i repair these lower quarters its sorta rust free, if it was repaired properly the first time it wouldn't no were near as bad, oh well its getting done now ,, other than the tailshaft smashing through the floor, body was pretty good compared to some ya see,

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes Yes. My back seat pan had a bump in it. Think the exhaust came loose in the front and jamb the road bent down and brought the curve over the rear end up and smashed the rear seat pan. I managed to hammer it back out also. Doing a good job and keep at it Mate. You will be on the road before me. :drinks:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is the can of worm's you run into when opening up the car. I never did find any lose change in any of the places that was taken apart. Making progress. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You know welding this old sheet metal is worst than trying to weld a beer can. You start to weld and then metal just blow's away. Doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work. Wont be long and it will be on the road again. :thumbsup2:

dodgey68

Reaction score
Back into it .. Put a little filler in and sand a lot of the original crap out. . Who ever bogged this thing put way too much in. Wasnt needed

20200815_114334.jpg

20200815_114340.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes never over do fillers. Skim coat the sand. Then skim it again then sand. Boy that is bring back memories for sure making my arms and hands hurt all over again. LOL Looking good Your getting it done. :thumbsup2:

dodgey68

Reaction score
Is it worth more with barnfind dust..
during this virus crap i have been so busy i haven't had time to finish the paint. on get it off the hoist

20201121_120512.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It sure is amazing how fast the dust piles up when where not their. You will get it buddy. Just one of those thing's. No matter how hard we try to keep the shop clean.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You guys should try living in the desert. I can get a coat of barn dust in two weeks if we get a breeze.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Look's to be in grate shape just surface rust for sure. Sound's like you have a handle on it. Keep it up and your going to driving down those road's.

dodgey68

Reaction score
Heater core up next... also missing wiring for horn. Gunna have find the factory wire outlet on firewall and follow it harness is a botched mess

20210113_154221.jpg

Back