• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got some more parts for the road runner

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Look like some one punched the lock on this lid. Yes and a few dent in the tail panel are. But was able to work it all out with a bar I made so I could reach in and hammer out those dents. Top was not really a dent like it was struck by something. More like depression's. But glad to here you got yours out. It is sad they don't make a reproduction lid. Think mine was a donor because in the top corner's it wanted to hit the filler panel on both sides where the quarter met up. So had to grind down the corners and Mig it back in. Keep it up your getting their. :thumbsup2:

roadrunnerbob

Reaction score
i replaced the deck filler on mine when we test fit the trunk lid it fit very good

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Know your like me don't have a crew working on the car. Thought could build the car and have it done in a few year's but that came and went. Been a year just getting the motor and all the other part's in the car. Finely wiring the motor bay finishing up the front end. Shooting for May to have it running. Hope to drive it by June. Good luck doing a nice job. Russ.

roadrunnerbob

Reaction score
it has bine a journey had to replace both front frame rails and the torsion bar frame both front inner fenders

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I was lucky on that part. Only the crossmember had a little rot in it. On the passenger side. Very small hole so welded up a quarter inch steel box with out the top. Open side up and used my tig to weld it in with the stinger on the tig machine. That inverter really weld's not like the old buzz box welder. So figured it is stronger than it was before. Good luck keep at it your getting close to paint. I am in the engine bay wiring up the motor now. Waiting on some part's is killing me. But that is apart of building these car's. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sound's grate can you get at it with the body hammer and massage it out. No rust is a good thing. I had to buy two new door's for mine. Bottoms where toast. Could have welded on them but that is more time spent. 5 year's is enough work to bring one back to life. Post some pic's.

roadrunnerbob

Reaction score
ok Russ here is some pics Finish striping the jam and fix the crease then get some primer on it

20210331_130444_HDR.jpg

20210331_130438_HDR.jpg

20210331_130427_HDR.jpg

20210331_130417_HDR.jpg

roadrunnerbob

Reaction score
got the hood striped some small dents and dings no rust i am happy

Back