• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I was just test fitting these Schumacher TriYs and they allow room for any starter. Are they as efficient as full length headers? No, but I'm not going to open them up anyway, maybe cutouts. Excuse the lack of valve covers :acme:

DSCN4572 (Small).JPG

DSCN4571 (Small).JPG

DSCN4569 (Small).JPG

moparchris

Reaction score
Nice fit! They look good too. I may have to big block one of my A bodies. I wouldn't waste my time with cutouts. A 2.5 system with good mufflers and mandrel bends would outflow those headers every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Thanks for adding the pic's thoe headers look sweet! A lot of room for a starter, and the number three plug area seems to have enough room to keep from burning the boot. Nice! Who is the manufacturer?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
Thanks for adding the pic's thoe headers look sweet! A lot of room for a starter, and the number three plug area seems to have enough room to keep from burning the boot. Nice! Who is the manufacturer?
http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/Produ ... aders.html They are made for A bodies but I bet they will fit anything, give them a call. I made a purchase during Carlisle last year and they have a really good show price

mopar69

Reaction score
Has anyone used Dougs Headers for a 440? Looking to get rid of the manifolds this spring and looking for any advice before or different brands that fit correctly. Looking for something ceramic coated also. Which would work better 2" or 1 7/8 tubes? Thanks in advance.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Should work fine. They fit better than long tube headers but you do loose a little performance

dmartin

Reaction score
Should work fine. They fit better than long tube headers but you do loose a little performance

Hey big guy I'm having an issue with my headman header on the passenger side hanging down to low can't go over a speed bump without hitting the pipe do not really want to change headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71RR

Reaction score
Has anyone used Dougs Headers for a 440? Looking to get rid of the manifolds this spring and looking for any advice before or different brands that fit correctly. Looking for something ceramic coated also. Which would work better 2" or 1 7/8 tubes? Thanks in advance.

I just put a set on my 400 stroked, 1 7/8" (same for 440), ceramic coated. I also used Stage 8 locking fasteners and Remflex gaskets. IMOP, I wouldn't go with the 2". I've was debating between Doug's and TTi's and went with Doug's. Fit, ease, and overall quality is great. I thought there might be an issue because I have P/S and larger torsion bars. These headers fit with a little space between them and the bars. On Doug's site, they're on back order but Summit had them in stock and I used a discount code for even more savings and free shippingHeader R side.jpgHeader D side.jpg. I think you would be glad with them.

Header R side.jpg

Header D side.jpg

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hey big guy I'm having an issue with my headman header on the passenger side hanging down to low can't go over a speed bump without hitting the pipe do not really want to change headers

If you are using long tube headers there is not much you can do other than check that motor mount see if it wore out or raise the car a little. Think about it. Manufacturers want to make a header that fits as many bodies and as many engines as possible. So if you mock them up to fit both the 383 and 440 they need to clear everything with the raised deck 440 but they will hang a little lower on a 383. 3/4 inch makes a big difference

Last edited:

dmartin

Reaction score
Mine hangs down about two inches lower than the left side

Back