• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner stuff.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Have my head liner plus bow's. Also have the wire's that hold the back bow in place. Put my dome light wire up on the roof. All the saw tooth brackets are up in the back. is their any thing else that need's to go in or up before installing the head liner. I suppose make measurement where visor hole's are coat hanger holes. Not using shoulder strap seat belts. Mark where the upper front wind shield trim goes. Is their any other wiring to go in. Well want to get on with it and put it in so not much to cover up that the glue can drip on. Thanks Russ. :kartman:This is going to take a case of beer to do I think.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Put short screws into the holes for the coat hooks, sun visors, rear view mirror, and dome light in the car and run them down flush. They will then be easy to find under the headliner and you can just poke them through the headliner with a razor knife or screwdriver to remove them. The holes in the headliner will be in exactly the right place and you don't have to go hunting for them.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Are the retainers in place that the upper windshield trim screws to? Its easier to do it now.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Put short screws into the holes for the coat hooks, sun visors, rear view mirror, and dome light in the car and run them down flush. They will then be easy to find under the headliner and you can just poke them through the headliner with a razor knife or screwdriver to remove them. The holes in the headliner will be in exactly the right place and you don't have to go hunting for them.
That is a pretty good Idea. Had not thought of that one. Always draw some sort of diagram. Appreciate that one. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Are the retainers in place that the upper windshield trim screws to? Its easier to do it now.
No did not put them in yet. The old head liner was underneath them when removing. Thought of putting tape on the roof where they go and mark it. Thanks I do have new ones. Thought they would get in the way when putting the head liner in.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Got the head liner and also got the two wires to hold the back bow in place. I was looking on line and some look longer than what I have. Don't think Legendary would sell me the wrong support wires. Any idea how long they where. If you have an idea.

Big Mo

Reaction score
Have my head liner plus bow's. Also have the wire's that hold the back bow in place. Put my dome light wire up on the roof. All the saw tooth brackets are up in the back. is their any thing else that need's to go in or up before installing the head liner. I suppose make measurement where visor hole's are coat hanger holes. Not using shoulder strap seat belts. Mark where the upper front wind shield trim goes. Is their any other wiring to go in. Well want to get on with it and put it in so not much to cover up that the glue can drip on. Thanks Russ. :kartman:This is going to take a case of beer to do I think.
Russ I don't know if the 69 has sail panels or not. My 68 has them. I did not put my liner in as of yet. There is some really good info on this post.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
I'm not for certain but I think the 69 models used both , Russ are you talking about the headliner bows being different lengths, they used to be color coded as to where they went

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I'm not for certain but I think the 69 models used both , Russ are you talking about the headliner bows being different lengths, they used to be color coded as to where they went
I was referring to those two wires that keep the back bow from moving while working to the front. I think I will try the back bow with out the liner in stalled and see where they let it go to. Before I mess up. LOL.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Russ I don't know if the 69 has sail panels or not. My 68 has them. I did not put my liner in as of yet. There is some really good info on this post.
Yes Big Mo I do have sail panel's. When buying them they did not send the clip's have to order them in. Something extra not included in the kit. But they are covered. All ready.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Good looking job their 1968 man. Hope mine turn's out that good. Had forgotten to put a screw hole in the back of the where the package tray is close to the window for the bottom of the saw tooth piece on both side's. I had to make those pieces of metal they where rusted out. Did not know what holes needed to be their.

Big Mo

Reaction score
Yes Big Mo I do have sail panel's. When buying them they did not send the clip's have to order them in. Something extra not included in the kit. But they are covered. All ready.
I am not sure what clips you are referring to. Maybe I will need them.

Big Mo

Reaction score
Got the head liner and also got the two wires to hold the back bow in place. I was looking on line and some look longer than what I have. Don't think Legendary would sell me the wrong support wires. Any idea how long they where. If you have an idea.
Russ I looked at the rear bow with the wires you ask about. My roof has indentations where the bows go. They are about 1-1/2" wide. The wire on my rear bow holds the bow in the center of that indentation. Don't know if that will help you or not Big Mo

Back