• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner stuff.

1968 man

Reaction score
They hold the headliner in place along the side as you work all the wrinkles out then you remove them to apply adhesive along the edge no more than 1/4 of an inch. then you can put them back if you like, but it makes it a tight fit for interior trim that run along the sides. I removed them several times and put them back as I worked on the head liner, I only used them to hold everything in place.

1968 man

Reaction score
The trim pieces have there own clips that slide in the back plus screws on the ends. Also the clips are u shaped that go in the back side of the trim. Hope this helps.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes finely see them in my b body restoration book. I have a post car and in that trim is a screw hole about two inches from the end at the front. Darn is I can see what it would screw to. This car has so many part's guess I should have documented every part when taking it apart. I did label the bag they where in. These S clips where in really bad shape and RT specialties had them but had to take a breath at the cost of them. Thanks for the Help 1968 man. Trying to move forward the best I can. :thankyou:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Glad I am only doing one of these car's. Too bad they don't sell a book with more detail's. Bought the B body Restoration book. Their is a lot to be said for the book it lack's way too much. Oh well I have had to meet every challenge on this runner and won't give up the ship now. :lol:

Big Mo

Reaction score
One sticks about middle ways of the sail panel and the other side of it sticks the B pillar, this is on the 68 I'm not sure if the 69 is the same .the Velcro only hold the cardboard so the liner has something to stick to.
If the Velcro holds the cardboard to the pillar is there anything that holds the liner to the cardboard. Also what is the difference in length between a 68 and 69 liner. I bought mine several years ago so I have not opened it yet.

1968 man

Reaction score
The material stops at the top of the pillar on the 69 and the 68 liner glues to the board and rolls down on the package tray area a little . On the 69 the sail panel is covered to match liner separate . There are 3 parts to a 69 the liner and 2 sail panels already covered and the liner . Hope this helps

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
I personally like the look of the 68 headliner over the 69, haven't installed one in 20 years but a friend and myself put a 68 liner in his 69, it was black. Seems like there was a slight difference in the material between the model.years.

Big Mo

Reaction score
The material stops at the top of the pillar on the 69 and the 68 liner glues to the board and rolls down on the package tray area a little . On the 69 the sail panel is covered to match liner separate . There are 3 parts to a 69 the liner and 2 sail panels already covered and the liner . Hope this helps
It will help as I try to put mine in. Not quite there yet. I sure do like your 68 bird. That's what I have in GG1 Green. Hope mine will look that good when finished, Big Mo.

Big Mo

Reaction score
He loved every minute of it .
I hope my Granddaughter will go with me although she has a life of her own now so we don't get together as much as I would like. I will only go to local drive in shows as I am not a big crowd person. Big Mo.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
I'm right there with ya Mo, I'm not a big crowd person either, my 11 year old granddaughter did go with me a few times last year to some local events, hoping she will get into cars!

Back