• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner stuff.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Big Mo. Some thing's you just have to start the job and find out what you need or don't have rite. LOL. Appreciate it buddy.

1968 man

Reaction score
Yes Big Mo I put mine in myself because I watched the guy install my friends and he was doing both of ours the same day and after seeing the poor job he done on my buddies I said no thanks. start in the back with the rear hanger and hook the two rear clips on the hanger and the window frame ,tuck material in about a foot of the tack strip around the back window, then pull the material to the front, and repeat ,it takes time and patient .It helps to let it hang in place for a day and do it on warm day if you can . when you glue it down the side only a 1\4 inch of glue along the edge so your metal trim covers the glued area.it makes for a better looking job.

Ernie

Reaction score
Sail panels on 69 not 68 right on 68 man

1968 man

Reaction score
I found out the hard way, mine was shipped and when I got ready to install there was not enough of material in the sail panel area, they sent a headliner for a 69 not a 68 and had to send back and wait for the right one. IMG_4192.JPG

Big Mo

Reaction score
I found out the hard way, mine was shipped and when I got ready to install there was not enough of material in the sail panel area, they sent a headliner for a 69 not a 68 and had to send back and wait for the right one. View attachment 30681
I looked at my cardboard sail panels and they have a small curve in them. Is this the way they are made or did they get that way after years in the car as they look OEM. I could easy make a pair but was wondering about the curve.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is the only problem for ordering on line 68 Man. But it is better than having one made for it. Have not unboxed this one yet now you got me wondering if it is rite. U know I see the U clips. Found them in a bag to day. I also found smaller one's.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Which way are they curved. From top to bottom I assume. They probably formed that way after years. The new one's I got are flat rite now. After putting them in might have that curve also. Can't say from experience maybe some one else will have an idea. Russ.

1968 man

Reaction score
The new ones are flat, mine came with 4 Velcro patches but the 69 not sure but I will look tomorrow at a 69 to see, the curve comes after installation, on the 68 the cardboard goes behind the headliner and the 69 is individual pieces that are covered to match the headliner. hope this helps.

1968 man

Reaction score
Not to get off this post but did you guys know that a 68 doors is different than the 69 +70. test your knowledge and see who gets it right to what the difference is.

1968 man

Reaction score
Nope. Lol I own all 3 years and I never noticed until lately . Keep trying if no answer by morning I’ll let the cat out of the bag .

Last edited:

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
The lock pulls are in a different location on top of the door, I believe the 68 also uses different rods on the interior of the door for the key lock, the button on the door handle was black on the 68

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Dang,, your killing me, I'm working at the moment, I'll have to run home and look first chance I get

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I read that a small guy from a car magazine drove the car and could not reach the lock knob on the car. Hence they moved it forward. That is what I heard or read.

Big Mo

Reaction score
The new ones are flat, mine came with 4 Velcro patches but the 69 not sure but I will look tomorrow at a 69 to see, the curve comes after installation, on the 68 the cardboard goes behind the headliner and the 69 is individual pieces that are covered to match the headliner. hope this helps.
Hi 1968 man. I think I will make a new set. You said 4 Velcro patches on them. Do you know where they were located? My OEMs are in good shape but the points are soft. They will work good for a pattern.

1968 man

Reaction score
One sticks about middle ways of the sail panel and the other side of it sticks the B pillar, this is on the 68 I'm not sure if the 69 is the same .the Velcro only hold the cardboard so the liner has something to stick to.

Back