• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

heater /radio delete runners??

dodgem1

Reaction score
hi,guys,restoring a 69 runner,street car,i took off the heater and the radio,i actually found a heater delet plate and a radio delete plate,these parts have got to be rare huh,also i bought the heater delete plate on ebay,the guy called it a radio d,everyone new it wasnt but they didnt bid,i got it for 6.00 it was burgandy,i cant imagine you could order a runner witout heat but this is for a 69 standard dash,have you guys seen this before,thanks-jeff :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've seen a few '68s without radios, but none without the heater.
love to see your car!~

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a radio delete plate for my coupe someday, rare in it's day but they are being repoped somewhere now.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that this was of any interest to anyone. I'll have to take a pic of the radio delete plate that Bambi has and throw it up here. It's blue (a little faded of course) and it doesn't have the "scallop" or recessed area like the repops do...

:jester:
ACME

CWR

Reaction score
I have a friend that just bought a 69 RR HEMI radio and heater delete as from factory.This car has 6000 orig miles YES 6000..............Car is from HAWII ( SPELLING) tHIS MAY BE THE ONLY ONE.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
CWR said:
I have a friend that just bought a 69 RR HEMI radio and heater delete as from factory.This car has 6000 orig miles YES 6000..............Car is from HAWII ( SPELLING) tHIS MAY BE THE ONLY ONE.
Is it Bronze with a white top? :popcorn:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i really cant see why somebody would order a car without a heater unless it was a drag car....you get some hot broad in the car and the windows get all steamed up and you have to use her dress to wipe the windshield to drive or park :lol: :lol:

A12

Reaction score
Maybe Hawaii was the only State that never got "frost" and that's why it was allowed to be deleted there but I thought the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) from NHTSA made a "defroster system" mandatory from 1968 on? I can see not ordering a radio but I think in the other 49-States (especially Alaska) it would be pretty hard to delete a Federally mandated SAFETY item......ah could you delete the safety belts and head restraints and replace the safety glass, remove the side markers, collapsible steering column and maybe take off the headlights, I promise to only drive during the daylight hours very slowly by myself :D :D :jester: :jester: :jester:

It would be interesting to find out if you could delete the heater/defroster in the other 49-States, even Florida gets frost and you have to keep those windows (glazing) clear for safety

This window sticker (Moroney Label) is pointing out the 3-point safety belts but clearly (pun intended) shows the mandatory heater and defroster for Standard Safety Features..

Jim S.

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
CWR said:
Probably Q5 with a tan interior.......

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i really cant see why somebody would order a car without a heater unless it was a drag car....you get some hot broad in the car and the windows get all steamed up and you have to use her dress to wipe the windshield to drive or park :lol: :lol:
Yeah, you wouldn't want to use her panties because they would smear........... :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
69hemibeep said:
CWR said:
That is popular with some, like the color blind :lol: That wasn't very polite :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:
That is popular with some, like the color blind :lol:

:eek:rly:

:toetap: Maybe some of us are just bored with plain old, "everybody has one", X9 interiors... :D

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Jim S.":9rjanhcl]Probably Q5 with a tan interior.......
That is popular with some, like the color blind :lol:

:eek:rly:

:toetap: Maybe some of us are just bored with plain old, "everybody has one", X9 interiors... :D

:jester:[/quote:9rjanhcl]
Once you have had black, you will never go back :lol:

dodgem1

Reaction score
ok guys,heres the pics i promised,couldnt figure out how to directly put them on ,these are the 3 delete plates ive collected,the car needs guarters thats about it its a 440 manual vb 727-355 suregrip,getting depresed money is keeping my project on the slow down,but aint that always the case,if anyone know how to get these from photobucket to here directly,let me know,thanks-jeff
rr-dash-delete.jpg
rr-fulldash.jpg
rr-sterr.jpg rr-dr.jpg
rreng.jpg
rr-pass.jpg

A12

Reaction score
Any photos of the passenger's side firewall in the engine compartment? What did they do there when the heater was deleted? Were there plugs for the heater hose routing holes and the stud holes for the heater/defroster mounting?? Thanks for posting the other photos and what color is it again?

MikeR

dodgem1

Reaction score
i dont know what a heater delete car had origonally,im going to tig weld all holes under the hood up,the car is going to be scortch red its multi colored now :loco:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
thanks for the pics Jeff(but need to see the car!) out of the four delete plates in the first pic, I've only seen the clock and map light plates. And just what is wrong with multi-colored? :jester:

Back