• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP fast!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the factory gauges are electric. all the '69s have is the water gauge, and the idiot light for the oil. The manual oil gauge has a small oil line that goes from the gauge to the back of the engine where the electric sender goes. The water temp has a similar set up, I've got mine in the water pump housing. I've seen a 20 degree difference between the electric water gauge and a manual. and as big if not more in the oil gauge in a Rallye Dash.
The dash is pretty easy. You need the windshield out to be able to get to the bolts on top of the dash, under the windshield rubber. The is a bolt on each side above the kick panels IIRC. There might be a center support too. You'll need to unhook the wires on the firewall to free up the the wiring,heater controls,etc. Then you can pull the complete dash. I'm pretty sure this is in our tech section where the manuals are.

Back