• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP fast!

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Good news

Well the good news is that I was able to look into the rear pillar and see where the car originally had a vinyl top...I found the holes on both sides where the chrome had once been attached and was filled in. So I'm going to assume this is the real deal and the factory screwed up the stamping on the radiator support/trunk lip. Everything else matched up. Heres a few pictures...

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that looks pretty good! :thumbsup: you're not changing the front seats are you? those are killer! :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
didn't come with them, but I scrounged the bumpers from two different ends of the country and both had them.

davesroadrunner022-1.jpg

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm super pumped. Its solid all the way around except for the lower quarters. Will need to remove those and put in a patch panel. Also the rear passenger floor board has a hole the size of a quarter. Other than that, its a few surface rust spots here and there...one on the front pillar driver's side I believe. Now I've got to clean out 28 years of rats nests in the dash. Was hoping to find a build sheet but no luck so far. Opened the glove box and its slammed to the max with rats nets. Same with behind the dash so I'm sure several wires have been eaten through. But the "Beep Beep" horn still works fine and yes, I does have the "bottom feeder" steering wheel.

I have the original bench seat and rear seats..the current ones in the car are just temporary. I believe I'm going to try and bring this one back to its original glory. ;)

w8kbrder

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I do believe that's the first runner I have seen with bumperets! :thumbsup:

Yeah I realized that as well. Every picture I've ever seen of a RR is always bumperet-less. So I was pumped to have something unique there...

w8kbrder

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
awesome A/C car too

blue with a white top should be a striking color combo too

Thanks. All the A/C components seem to be in place and not messed with. Everything behind the dash is just like it was from the factory..nothing hacked apart...or wires spliced, etc. Only thing missing is the compressor.

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Restoration Process

Hey guys,

A few questions for you experts. I'm looking to make this RR a good quality driver. Not going to strip it completely to the unibody so with that said, what are some tips you would recommend as far as getting this process going? I want it to look really good...but not showroom quality....I want to drive the heck out of it! :)

First off, the interior is already entirely removed except for the dash components. The interior floors are solid..no rust. The windshield is cracked and and the rear window is broken out...so I've already got most of the windows out already. :)

What would you guys recommend doing first? I figured I would go ahead and take care of the surface rust spots, weld in the rear patch panels and get it painted. I don't want to create too much work for myself as this will be a daily driver. I want it to look good but I dont' plan on doing a full on restoration.

I do plan on taking the motor out just to clean up the engine bay and motor. But don't plan on a rebuild, other than replacing the basics (waterpump, thermostat, hoses, spark plugs, etc) as the engine runs perfect. So with that said, what are your thoughts on doing a mild restoration.

I'm going to replace the interior obviously, fix the rust spots, new paint job, and new vinyl top. Just not experienced with the overall process and what order you would do all of this in?

thanks!
Nick

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well while you've got her down, go thru the brakes. new master and wheel cylinders, brake lines. check out the front end. need to be able to steer and stop! :D
while the engine is out, replace what gaskets you can, front/rear seals. If the timing chain is original, now's the time to replace it. and dig all the nylon teeth out of the oil pan and pick up tube. change all the freeze plugs. I'd plan on a set of manual gauges, water and oil. good sound of mind.
If you wanted to pull the dash to repaint/go over the dash wiring, now's the time with the windshield out(if you do pull the dash, that is the easiest time to change the master cylinder. also good time to change the wiper pivot seals.
and the most important thing of all....keep the pics coming! :popcorn:

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well while you've got her down, go thru the brakes. new master and wheel cylinders, brake lines. check out the front end. need to be able to steer and stop! :D
while the engine is out, replace what gaskets you can, front/rear seals. If the timing chain is original, now's the time to replace it. and dig all the nylon teeth out of the oil pan and pick up tube. change all the freeze plugs. I'd plan on a set of manual gauges, water and oil. good sound of mind.
If you wanted to pull the dash to repaint/go over the dash wiring, now's the time with the windshield out(if you do pull the dash, that is the easiest time to change the master cylinder. also good time to change the wiper pivot seals.
and the most important thing of all....keep the pics coming! :popcorn:

Wow thanks! Great info there. You touched on a few items I didnt think about. Exactly what Im looking for. Definitely going through the brakes, lines, wheel bearings, etc. Figured if I get the engine out, I would replace motor mounts and freeze plugs. Already did that on my '69 Charger so that shouldnt be bad. Timimg chain has to be original. Im not too savy with that so I mightbhave to have a buddy help me out.

When you say "manual guages" ... what are you referring to? As in guages like what woukd be found in a ralley dash?

Pulling the dash: what kind of a process is this? Any good DIYs with pictures out there showing the process and where to start first?

Thanks!

Back