• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Stripes

BBillyC

Reaction score
I found a drawing on the site somewhere showing the location of the hood stripes....but can't find it now. anyone know where it is? Thanks B

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Reference section under "paint"

hoodstripes.jpg

BBillyC

Reaction score
Well I centered it and taped it all out but the widths are out of whack. At the back they are 27" each but taper to 26 and 1/4" at the front. The fenders have a slight bow in them and it isn't a perfect 2-3/4 from the edge. The 11-1/2 up the middle is fine. Each stripe tapers in from the outside by 3/4" on each side. Is that correct, or should the front edge from the fender seam be 2-1/4 to make them perfectly square??

mannye

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Well I centered it and taped it all out but the widths are out of whack. At the back they are 27" each but taper to 26 and 1/4" at the front. The fenders have a slight bow in them and it isn't a perfect 2-3/4 from the edge. The 11-1/2 up the middle is fine. Each stripe tapers in from the outside by 3/4" on each side. Is that correct, or should the front edge from the fender seam be 2-1/4 to make them perfectly square??

I am sure someone can elaborate on this, but there is something about stripes on most cars requiring a slight "bow" in order to create the optical illusion of a "sraight" line.

BARRY JACKPOT

Reaction score
Mine's the same as yours Billy. All one colour except for the hood vents that are black and i'm thinking I want to do the hood stripes also can't wait to see how they turn out.

Collin

Reaction score
I am planning on doing them as well. My car was ordered T7 with no stripes, white wall tires and deluxe wheel covers. Got rid of white walls, see ya to the covers, and I need something to break up the bronze so the stripes should do nicely!!

meepbeep69

Reaction score
:popcorn:

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I am all V21 but in a satin, Thursday, Friday and Sat I am green only but Sunday I am for gloss black.

Yes, I am a fence sitter but my days are numbered.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
generaljmwlee said:
looks great ,what was factory gloss or satin?
Don't make me go there! :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
gary loves them glossy , he really wants his to look like mine :jester: :jester: :devil: let me tell you they may not be correct but they look great and I have no problem taking care of them . Before when they were flat it sucked when you got wax on them .

mcmopar

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
looks great ,what was factory gloss or satin?

I hope you were just trying to rattle Gary's chain :acme: . As we all know the factory used Organosol flat textured paint.

BBillyC

Reaction score
Yep, after having previously owned two other 69's and dealing with the flat black was a pain. I really liked Georges glossy so if I was going to change may as well go all the way to reach a compromise. I used a black pearl acrylic single stage. I had also mixed in some pearl and some ultra fine purple, red, yellow and blue to set it off in the sunshine. At the car show the other night my wife said someone commented on how great the stripes looked with the color offset. Different yes, is it original....no, but I like it and it is subtle and classy. If some future owner (after I'm croaked) wants to change it I absolutely won't care.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
too poor to pay attention to the other post about them :lmao: ,wasn,t ready for paint!now I am getting close just looking for info. sorry gary :acme:

Back