• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Stripes

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
No problem, if you paint them glossy, I want my manifolds back.... :lol: Just kidding.....Make it just like YOU want it........

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Yep, after having previously owned two other 69's and dealing with the flat black was a pain. I really liked Georges glossy so if I was going to change may as well go all the way to reach a compromise. I used a black pearl acrylic single stage. I had also mixed in some pearl and some ultra fine purple, red, yellow and blue to set it off in the sunshine. At the car show the other night my wife said someone commented on how great the stripes looked with the color offset. Different yes, is it original....no, but I like it and it is subtle and classy. If some future owner (after I'm croaked) wants to change it I absolutely won't care.
i feel the same way...he can throw out the hemi and change it back to a 383...dump the 727 with a 4 speed...change the pearl white interior to black and take off the 69 grille and bezels and replace it with a 68 when i drop dead.....oh yeah and spray the 68 hood flat black and dump the 8 pack hood(two 4 barrels) almost forgot.....dump that purple 69 horn with a black long armed bracket 68 horn....and on and on and on :jester:

BBillyC

Reaction score
Having an RR is fun and is about fun. If you get too purist you wind up with a garage queen and thats all right if thats what one is into. For me I like my car to be like Mac's avitar, interesting, lots of energy, spunky, and good lookin.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
BBillyC said:
For me I like my car to be like Mac's avitar, interesting, lots of energy, spunky, and good lookin.

your car has bouncing boobies? :jester:

BBillyC

Reaction score
No, but it has two funky hood stripes that draws attention to the rest of the car. At least the stripes last forever, but the bouncing boobs...don't last long....make men lose their minds....like cheese on a mouse trap....and are only skin deep.

MarPar

Reaction score
Yeah, make men loose their minds...among other things!!! :facepalm:

droptop

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:
generaljmwlee said:
looks great ,what was factory gloss or satin?
Don't make me go there! :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
gary loves them glossy , he really wants his to look like mine :jester: :jester: :devil: let me tell you they may not be correct but they look great and I have no problem taking care of them . Before when they were flat it sucked when you got wax on them .

With today's waxes, there is no worry about getting it on the flat black. Silicone based waxes do not leave the white residue that the older waxes did. Flat is the only way to go. :cents: :cheers:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Has anyone seen them in a satin?

I have seen the gloss and I have seen the Organosol (which it had) but I have not seen a satin except on the newer stuff.

I was leary due to the wax issue which apparently does not exist anymore. Guess I am getting old.

:stooges:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Has anyone seen them in a satin?

I have seen the gloss and I have seen the Organosol (which it had) but I have not seen a satin except on the newer stuff.

I was leary due to the wax issue which apparently does not exist anymore. Guess I am getting old.

:stooges:
You mean bouncing boobs in satin :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBillyC

Reaction score
And here it is with its new stripes, new trunk, narrowed springs, mini-tubbed, but without big meats (need money) at its first drive into a car show on sunday night.

NewStripes.jpg

Back