• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I know it's early to be talking about...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
going to Carlisle, but if you want a place to say it isn't! I just reserved a room in Mechanicsburg for Thursday and Friday. I'm going to Strasburg for some train stuff on Thursday, then be there for the show on Friday and Saturday. Does anybody know what their plans are yet? Maybe we could impose on Mac again for a meeting place! :beep:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
going to Carlisle, but if you want a place to say it isn't! I just reserved a room in Mechanicsburg for Thursday and Friday. I'm going to Strasburg for some train stuff on Thursday, then be there for the show on Friday and Saturday. Does anybody know what their plans are yet? Maybe we could impose on Mac again for a meeting place! :beep:
Steve. Is that close to the grounds and what's it like?

Collin

Reaction score
When I went two years ago I stayed at Hotel Carlisle. Small hotel but a few guys with car stayed there. Plenty of room in the parking lot for trailers and enclosed trailers. Nice indoor pool. Rooms were huuuuge. Went and stayed with the gf at the time, so my kids are probably on a mattress and shower still.... Anyways, it was only about a half mile from the show grounds and the rooms were pretty cheap. Check this out for an option.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
When I went two years ago I stayed at Hotel Carlisle. Small hotel but a few guys with car stayed there. Plenty of room in the parking lot for trailers and enclosed trailers. Nice indoor pool. Rooms were huuuuge. Went and stayed with the gf at the time, so my kids are probably on a mattress and shower still.... Anyways, it was only about a half mile from the show grounds and the rooms were pretty cheap. Check this out for an option.
WOW I looked at the Hotel Carlisle and its almost completely booked, the king beds are gone.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:
Steve. Is that close to the grounds and what's it like?

Bob, it's a Ramada Inn that's about 9 miles east of Carlisle, and just off RT 11 which is the main road into town from the east. I booked it through Expedia and this is the link through them. It's ranks 4 out of 5 stars, and most of the reviews are good. I got a split rate, $75.65 for Thursday, and $92.65 for Friday. So for me it averages out good. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

http://www.expedia.com/Harrisburg-Hersh ... ad98b4ccf2

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't thought about accomodations yet...guess I probably should since I do plan on going...

Steve, I think Mac might be slightly put out if we gave him the boot as official 69lamancha.net reunion host...his and Rick's spot are as good as any other... :D

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Haven't thought about accomodations yet...guess I probably should since I do plan on going...

Steve, I think Mac might be slightly put out if we gave him the boot as official 69lamancha.net reunion host...his and Rick's spot are as good as any other... :D

I think you're right about that Ray, I just didn't want to volunteer him with asking first! :lol:

V269

Reaction score
Just punched in the Carlisle fairgrounds into the gps today for the hell of it. I too stayed at the Ramada Limited in Mechanicsburg for the last 2 year's. Very nice place to stay. Still trying to talk the deal over with the better half for this year. I tell her I don't need anything this year and am just going to look around. She say's I lie like a rug. :leave: :toetap: If I go we weill plan on staying at the same place, it's only 8 mile's from the show. :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay...here are a couple little reminders to get everybody a bit amped up... :D

Harold, this year you're not skipping the group photos... :toetap:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:

I think you're right about that Ray, I just didn't want to volunteer him with asking first! :lol:

i will get the pre sale event tickets ready for the road runner coral in the vendors area. :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mac said:
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:

i will get the pre sale event tickets ready for the road runner coral in the vendors area. :jester:
:thumbsup: :lol:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I will be there sat only its an hour and a half drive for me. I want to meet all you guys this time! we just got to meet earlier this year.

sparkey

Reaction score
I stayed in mechanicsburg two years ago at the confort suites on technology parkway. I had just open and was very nice. Pizza across the street with about 50 different micro brewery beers. Gerat place to eat.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Keep throwing those hotels up here cause I really would like to go this year :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Keep throwing those hotels up here cause I really would like to go this year :yesnod:
Bob, did the link I posted work for you? Just remember, the closer into Carlisle you are, the more you will pay for a room!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I stay at the New Cumberland Comfort Inn. Its a little farther away, but its easier to get a room. I stay there when I go to the ummm..... Bricklins at Carlisle because a bunch of friends stay there too. Mrs Big John likes the restaurant down the road called "Leeds" so that is a required stop to keep her happy.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
Bob, did the link I posted work for you? Just remember, the closer into Carlisle you are, the more you will pay for a room!
Yes it does, I'll take a closer look at some of these after work today.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I plan on being there! :banana:

Got my reservations when I checked out of the hotel last year...

I have been staying at the Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg.

Back