• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just my great luck

droptop

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
I guess I should have read the last of page 3, I thought you had a problem with the cam :leave:
my old cam was great but not for a six pac it just made it fuel to much and had no vacuum , this new one should draw 20 vac .
this will make the six pac be way more adjustable. we are pretty sure the extra fuel combiles with the hi torq started hydro lock my number 2 and twisted the rod .

l

You need to make sure you know what caused the hyd lock. Was there any signs of a coolant leak? If not, the only other thing that could have caused it is a carb flooded and filled the cylinder with gas. Check them out or it will happen again, no matter what kind of rod you use. :yesnod:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
You need to make sure you know what caused the hyd lock. Was there any signs of a coolant leak? If not, the only other thing that could have caused it is a carb flooded and filled the cylinder with gas. Check them out or it will happen again, no matter what kind of rod you use. :yesnod:

X2 - I was thinking the same thing, Harold. Fix the problem, Stuart - not just the symptom.

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
droptop said:

X2 - I was thinking the same thing, Harold. Fix the problem, Stuart - not just the symptom.
wrong cam was the problem , carbs are brand new back from holley , the cam would not allow any adjustment at all on the center carb , mr six pac told us why . so the new cam should fix the problem , but we will know for sure when we goto re set up the carbs .

Back