• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest Purchase...

Jim S.

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, Jim. You know, I really don't know too much about the whole eye dominance thing. There's been research on the topic for sure, but I cant point you in any one certain direction. Have you tried shooting with both eyes open by chance?[/quote]

Yeah that's the problem. With both eyes open I have to center the target between the two front sights a person sees. If I close one eye then I miss to one side unless I tilt my head. Try that sometime. Point at something on the wall, then alternate closing one eye. Most people will have one eye that lines up on the spot.
As far as recent smart ass comments go, well if I had a shotgun then I could just close both eyes. :lmao:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
As far as recent smart ass comments go, well if I had a shotgun then I could just close both eyes. :lmao:

and shoot through the door...........

:leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="Jim S.":24lu5kai]

and shoot through the door...........

:leave:[/quote:24lu5kai]
:lmao:

dobie

Reaction score
I finally had the chance yesterday to put 50 rounds thru my DS. Im trying to get out of the house as much as I can, cause I know surgery is imminent and I'll be laid up for awhile.

I gotta say I love this little gun. The DA trigger is very nice, and of course the SA trigger is fantastic. It held good groups, especially for me. The walnut grips really transfer the energy to your hand. It feels good. I had a Ruger SP101 that I sold last year to fund my RR. I never missed it as the trigger wasn't that good. I never could get comfortable with it. Im sold on the Colt revolvers from now on though. I also took the x-wife's Lady Smith along for a comparison and I still prefer the old Colt.

Im very happy with this one. I even went specifically to pick up a Ruger GP100 that they had, but after firing the Colt, I dont think I'll ever own another Ruger again. Not that there's anything wrong with them at all. For my limited shooting, revolvers in particular, I think a Colt will far outlast me.

Oh, and Ray, I held a Mk25 yesterday too. Dang near bought it, but at $1k, its a tad bit much for me, especially for not working right now.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dobie said:
ACME A12 said:
As a gun newbie I'd be interested to hear more about what makes the Python command such prices. Please educate me. Thanks!

:jester:

The Python was Colt's flagship revolver. It was completely hand tuned, finished, and assembled. There was no "pick a part from the bin" on these. Everything was hand fitted and matched to one specific gun. The finish on these were spectacular as well. Pythons when new were at least double the going rate vs. Smith's. As such, and along with the time it took to make just one, the production numbers were much lower than comparable revolvers.

Mrs. ACME and I went to little gun show here locally on Saturday. Saw my first Python up close. The gent said it was a 1970 "E" model. Still had the box with it. He was asking $2,200. After I explained to her what it was she just said "Great. One more thing for you to collect." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been looking at the various AR 15s...no really good prices at the show however...

dobie

Reaction score
Nice!

:cheers:

Yeah, show prices are still pretty bad around here too. Store prices are coming down tho.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Been looking at the various AR 15s...no really good prices at the show however..

I should finally get that FNFAL this week that I ordered before Xmas. Now I have to try and find ammo. Cheapest I've seen lately is about $1.50 a round. :eek:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Been looking at the various AR 15s...no really good prices at the show however..

I should finally get that FNFAL this week that I ordered before Xmas. Now I have to try and find ammo. Cheapest I've seen lately is about $1.50 a round. :eek:

I don't remember this; what did you order, Jim?

Back