• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what I found! UPDATE, new pics!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I went to a different cruise in tonight and I saw this car again. I briefly spoke to the owner. He's had the car only about 5 weeks, and it is a Q5 car. That's about all I was able to get as other people came around to ask questions. The lighting was much different tonight so you be the judge on how close the color is.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That'd be the "B5-est" Q5 car I've ever seen...maybe it's just the pictures...

:jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yep, it might say Q5 on the tag, but that's not Q5 paint.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
Yep, it might say Q5 on the tag, but that's not Q5 paint.
Maybe it's another case that I hear so often these days. Like my car, for what ever reason, they weren't able to get the correct shade of the color. Either way, the car looks great in person.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that almost looks like B7. Thanks for sharing Steve

mcmopar

Reaction score
Definitely not Q5. Whoever had it painted changed the color. From the pics I'd say its definitely B5. It does look great but it's not the original color.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
OK then, so I know, should Q5 be lighter, or darker then B5? The first time I saw this car, there were several B5 cars there that night, and this car was not the same shade of blue. If anything it was a bit darker. Not a lot, but you could see the difference.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Big John's is Q5 isn't it? :huh:
I believe so, but with all pictures, it's so hard to get a good one that really shows what you see in person. There always seems to be something that pevents you from getting a good shot while outdoors. And I haven't seen a Q5 car before and I really thought this car was close to the color of Johns car in the picture he has here. From the responce here, I guess this Q5 isn't the shade it should be.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big's car is definitely a Q5 car - one of the rarest colors for an A12. They're a little less blue... Here's a Q5 Car...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The pics of the car with the overcast sky look B7 and the fender tag looks B5 :blah: :blah:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Big's car is definitely a Q5 car - one of the rarest colors for an A12. They're a little less blue... Here's a Q5 Car...
Thanks for that pic Ray. You can really see the difference with that one! It is much lighter then the car I saw. Makes me think either it's a mis-matched paint job, or it's completly the wrong color.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
The pics of the car with the overcast sky look B7 and the fender tag looks B5 :blah: :blah:
Yeah........and if you look under the bolt holding on the flim flam it almost looks B12 and under the door bird looks B34 and under the......... :loco:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
Yeah........and if you look under the bolt holding on the flim flam it almost looks B12 and under the door bird looks B34 and under the......... :loco:

:lol:

mcmopar

Reaction score
compare this:
[attachment=1:zf2n2yse]q5wannabe.JPG[/attachment:zf2n2yse]

To this:
[attachment=0:zf2n2yse]q54real.jpg[/attachment:zf2n2yse]

droptop

Reaction score
This is the biggest reason that I decided not to go with Q5 on the convertible. Every camera makes it look like a different color. One thing is for sure, black is black no matter what camera you use.

Hoosier, what are you talking about "with that GTX chrome"?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
droptop said:
This is the biggest reason that I decided not to go with Q5 on the convertible. Every camera makes it look like a different color. One thing is for sure, black is black no matter what camera you use.

Hoosier, what are you talking about "with that GTX chrome"?

Its true, the camera sometimes doesn't show the color correctly. The digitals are better, but back before that I noticed that Fuji film always made it seem more blue and Kodak seemed to get it right.

The thing about Q5 is really about what it looks like in person. I almost didn't paint my car Q5 because it was dull and didn't do a thing for me. A friend's girlfriend was at the shop and kept saying "buff it out, I'll bet it looks nice". I buffed a door out just to keep her happy and just decided right then that I would stay with that color.

I've had tons of people ask about the color with many positive comments about it.

I have a friend with a B-3 blue 69 GTX. The color looks so incredible in person, but just doesn't come off in pictures just like the Q5.

Back