• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what I found! UPDATE, new pics!

mcmopar

Reaction score
droptop said:
This is the biggest reason that I decided not to go with Q5 on the convertible. Every camera makes it look like a different color. One thing is for sure, black is black no matter what camera you use.

Hoosier, what are you talking about "with that GTX chrome"?

I'll bet he means the wheel lip moldings and the rocker panel chrome between them. This was not available from the factory on a '69 road runner.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
droptop said:
This is the biggest reason that I decided not to go with Q5 on the convertible. Every camera makes it look like a different color. One thing is for sure, black is black no matter what camera you use.

Well, I thought that was GTX chrome, but now I see that it isn't. Is it aftermarket, I don't think it was available for RRs from the factory. Or was it? :huh:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
droptop said:

Well, I thought that was GTX chrome, but now I see that it isn't. Is it aftermarket, I don't think it was available for RRs from the factory. Or was it? :huh:

As I understand it, the Roadrunner wasn't available with the wheel lip and the rocker panel chrome. The GTX didn't have the rocker panel chrome either and the wheel lip chrome stopped at the chrome strip that ran along the lower body line.

The chrome on that car is really for a Satellite. That doesn't mean there wasn't Roadrunners sold with the chrome as I'm sure that dealers stuck it on to brighten up an otherwise dull car, but I've never seen or heard of a documented RR with wheel lip chrome.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
GTX chrome

scan0008.jpg

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
If I ever get mine totally done I will put the wheel well and rocker trim on. I think it looks great, and I'm still leaning toward the Q5.........I think it's B5 with some F8. I'll be a half breed........ :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
compare this:
[attachment=1:3fyaygro]q5wannabe.JPG[/attachment:3fyaygro]

To this:
[attachment=0:3fyaygro]q54real.jpg[/attachment:3fyaygro]
That's a great comparison! Thanks. :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
mcmopar said:
compare this:
[attachment=1:hkplgoew]q5wannabe.JPG[/attachment:hkplgoew]

To this:
[attachment=0:hkplgoew]q54real.jpg[/attachment:hkplgoew]
That's a great comparison! Thanks. :thumbsup:
:redx:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
:redx: :jester:

I could make a strong case that the new smilie :acme: should have been named "Sponge Bob"...

...and lest you think that you are being singled out I could do the same for renaming :pot: "Hoosier"...

:banana: :lmao: :banana:

:jester:
ACME

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

...and lest you think that you are being singled out I could do the same for renaming :pot: "Hoosier"...

ACME
That's a great idea Ray! :banana: :thumbsup: :jester:

droptop

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
If I ever get mine totally done I will put the wheel well and rocker trim on. I think it looks great, and I'm still leaning toward the Q5.........I think it's B5 with some F8. I'll be a half breed........ :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I could make a strong case that the new smilie :acme: should have been named "Sponge Bob"...

ACME
Who..............Me.............. :huh: I guess I don't get it........... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[

ACME
Oh now listen to Mr. innocent. Who has to apologize to all the new members he offends :acme: :pot: :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2a0x4t0k]I have no idea what your talking about....... :D :devil:
Ray you dummy :lol: :basketcase:

??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

ACME - aka Completely Lost On This One...[/quote:2a0x4t0k]
Lets see if I can get this to be a little more clear. Ray wants the dude with the stick poaking the other named after me. Ray must think I needle people :huh: Ray also wants the pot stirring smilie changed to Hoosier which I completely understand :lol: Ray would probably like the beer toasting smilies named after him since he is never ever the cause of any kind of trouble. How am I doing :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME - aka Completely Lost On This One...[/quote]
Lets see if I can get this to be a little more clear. Ray wants the dude with the stick poaking the other named after me. Ray must think I needle people :huh: Ray also wants the pot stirring smilie changed to Hoosier which I completely understand :lol: Ray would probably like the beer toasting smilies named after him since he is never ever the cause of any kind of trouble. How am I doing :jester:[/quote]
wow that sounds like the friday run down in a nut shell :acme:

Back