• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MA MOPAR BIT ME AGAIN or SO MANY MOPARS, SO LITTLE TIME

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I thought it might be nice to have a helmet that matches the car.

IMG_0152.jpgIMG_0153.jpgIMG_0154.jpgIMG_0155.jpgIMG_0156.jpgIMG_0157.jpg

After looking at pictures of the helmet with the circles around the CUDA emblem, I decided to get rid of the circle.

IMG_0158.jpgIMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpgIMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Last edited:

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
The PORT A TREE that I bought off of Racingjunk.com arrived. This thing's got a lot of options that I haven't figured out yet. It should look really good set up next to the Cuda at the local car shows. :untroubled: Excuse the really messy garage.

IMG_0150.JPG The 2 green lights indicate that both sides successfully left without leaving early and the top lights show the winning reaction time for the right lane.

IMG_0151.JPG Left lane gets the win with the better reaction time. The actual reaction times are shown digitally on the hand held display.

IMG_0149.JPG The left lane has red lighted here and the win is shown for the right lane.

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

Last edited:

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
If you look them up you'll see that the tree sells for about $500 by itself. Then they want another $130 just for the light bulbs. - And another $230 for the controller input. Mine also came with the weather station attachment which lists for another extra $230. That would total out at $1090 without shipping. I bought it for $600 shipped to my door.

Last edited:

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I just ordered a drive shaft safety loop from US Car Tool. We already have one of theirs on our Charger and we were pretty impressed with the design.

1.JPG

1.JPG

4spd69RR

Reaction score
I also like the fast back barracuda's, they had a style of their own. My buddy bob had a 68 340 formula "S", he offered it to me several times. I would have liked to have it but had no way to keep it. I have a one car nest and the Runner is there.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I also like the fast back barracuda's, they had a style of their own. My buddy bob had a 68 340 formula "S", he offered it to me several times. I would have liked to have it but had no way to keep it. I have a one car nest and the Runner is there.

As much as I may like our Barracuda, I'd give it up a lot sooner than our Roadrunner too.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
No, I cheaped out on the helmet. DOT rated only. I figured I'd use this helmet as a 'starter'. I can use it for display at shows and some of the smaller strips will let you use them. If I get serious, I'll get an SFI approved helmet later. For now I just wanted to experiment with trying to make a vintage looking helmet to match the car and didn't want to invest a lot until I decided on style.

Now I'm working on trying to get a matching jacket designed. I used to own a few DIRECT CONNECTION jackets years ago and I wish I still had the silver and black one. It would have looked about right. I'll probably either have some embroidery work done or at least try to find some embroidered patches that look vintage too.

Last edited:

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Like one of these ?? I had one too, wore it out, many moons ago... saw this on a Google search Vintage Direct Connection Jacket

Mopar Vintage Direct Connection Jacket.jpg

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Like one of these ?? I had one too, wore it out, many moons ago... saw this on a Google search Vintage Direct Connection Jacket

Yup. A group of my buddies and I all bought them. A good friend was racing a 340 Duster on the circle tracks around here and we wore them as pit uniforms. As I recall they weren't too expensive back then.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I found a used silver all leather jacket on eBay that I bought for six bucks.

11.jpg
OK, I figure if I sew this large (11"wide) Plymouth patch on the back

8.jpg
and a small Irwindale patch on the front, (covering up the CHEEZE-IT logo)

9.JPG
the jacket should look like it's of the right vintage.

10.JPG

8.jpg

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.jpg

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I decided to try something different on the headlight treatment. Because the lights were fairly expensive Halo lights, I didn't want to use a spray tint on them. So I purchased self adhesive colored vinyl film in yellow, blue and orange. I wasn't sure which I'd like best, but I decided to try the orange first.

BEFORE

21.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0164.jpgIMG_0165.jpg

21.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
I decided to try something different on the headlight treatment. Because the lights were fairly expensive Halo lights, I didn't want to use a spray tint on them. So I purchased self adhesive colored vinyl film in yellow, blue and orange. I wasn't sure which I'd like best, but I decided to try the orange first.

BEFORE

View attachment 5917

AFTER

View attachment 5918View attachment 5919
well what do you think....do you like that??...looks great...anyway what brand headlites did you buy?...are they those hid"s?...was thinking of upgrading.....since my headlites are original 1968"s except for one which a rock got from my open trailer

Last edited:

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
well what do you think....do you like that??...looks great...anyway what brand headlites did you buy?...are they those hid"s?...was thinking of upgrading.....since my headlites are original 1968"s except for one which a rock got from my open trailer

I don't know if the headlights were a great choice or not, but I'm satisfied with them. It's been a while since I installed them and I know they were referred to as H4 lights. They didn't fit my headlight buckets, so I had to enlarge the hole in the back of the buckets. The alignment bumps on the backs of the bulbs did not line up with the indentations on my headlight buckets either so I had to grind the bumps down a bit. These are a non-sealed beam design so the wattage (and brightness) will probably vary depending on the supplier. Mine are noticeably brighter (at least before I added the tint) than the halogens that I had originally. I have heard some people say that lights such as these do not aim the light beam correctly and that they cause more glare to oncoming traffic. All I can say is that I have met my son (that was driving this car) at night and didn't notice any glare issue. I have also heard people say that this style of light puts out more heat and can cook the plug in terminals plugged into them. After using them for a year, my wiring still is OK. The halo is powered by a separate pair of wires that I wired to another switch so that I can choose to turn the halo effect on or off separately from the actual headlights. It might be a while before I give the car a road test after adding the tint. I'm sure it will decrease visibility some. But unless it's an unacceptable amount, I'll live with it.

1b.jpg

I am planning on adding a headlight relay system yet to make the system more efficient. These lights draw more power than my original ones did and you can notice it affects the rest of the electrical system when you turn them on. The relay system is supposed to eliminate that issue. I am told that new cars are all designed that way now.

The lights I purchased were similar to these 7".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111099315751?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

We also installed a set of 4 on our '68 Charger and had to modify them to fit also. On the Charger we had the same issues trying to get them to fit plus we had to split our headlight rings because the circumference of the lights were too big. The Charger ones came from a different supplier.

1b.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sounds like alot of work......i did the headlight relays and man what a difference......13.5-14 volts to the headlights really woke them up

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
sounds like alot of work......i did the headlight relays and man what a difference......13.5-14 volts to the headlights really woke them up

I'm not sure if we'd have ordered the ones we did if we'd have known ahead of time that we were going to have to do so much to make them work. But we didn't send them back because we thought we might run into the same issues with a different set too.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I brought the Duster back into town (from the farm). I figured it would be a good time to check out how the Christmas tree looks set up before car show season starts.

IMG_0180.jpg

As much as I hate scooping snow during winter, I've decided I need a MUCH longer driveway!!!!

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

I would have set it up in the street but my neighbors think I'm nuts already.

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Last edited:
Back