• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Nats

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
george68hemirr said:
well i am going to miss this....alaska cruise for a week......any good car shows in alaska??

Hey George, say Hi to Sarah for me.... :devil: :leg:
yes if i see her i will give her a big kiss for you......i hear they hate her up there
when you guys are at the nats stop by the mopar action tent and see rick and brian....tell them you know this wise guy from the hudson valley

RdChicken

Reaction score
I'll be there minus my bird, I'll be riding there in my friend 69 Charger R/T. Staying in a hotel on Brice Road, but probably will spend most of my time in Heath.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Re: Mopar Nats. Up date!!

My first Mopar Nats is complete. All I can say is, I hate those f#%king golf carts!! More on that later. It was about 10 1/12 hour, 635 mile trip for me. The good, I did find most of the things I was looking for, a good F70-14 Goodyear tire to use as a spare, already mounted, the c pillar vinyl roof trim, and new headlight bezels for the Barracuda, and some glasses, see pics. The not so good. It just may be that I've been spoiled with going to Carlisle, but in a lot ways I was a bit disappointed. I thought that a lot of the show facility prices were much higher, there didn't seem to be any real classification for the different models of cars, and the swap was not very big. We walked through that in about 2 1/2 hours the first day. I'd say this swap is less the half the size of Carlisles. And those carts. :brickwall: It finally got to the point where I got tired of walking around, or moving out of the way of those things, and just kept walking and let them move around me. Between them things, and all the vehicular traffic I'm surprised that there weren't a lot of people getting hit. Don't get me wrong now, I did enjoy my time out there. Really! It was fun being able to watch some racing while resting for a while, and to see so many new and different cars to what I see at home. The country is very beautiful , and the people all seemed very friendly and helpful. We did make it up to Newark Friday night and found where to cruise party was. We saw some cars coming up but we didn't stay there very late as were staying 40 minutes away and very tired from the heat of the day. We had planned on staying for two full days, but after the first day we cut that short. We did come back Saturday morning to go through the swap again and because I wanted to check the car coral again. Didn't find anything I wanted there, and we were on the way home by 12.30. These are just my opinions, and I know that this is a big show for many people. But for me and my friend we don't thing it is worth going there again, but then again, you never say never. Sorry for being so long winded. pics follow

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Steve, I agree with you. I've been to both as well.

Chryslers @ Carlisle seems more organized and more than twice the vendors.

The Mopar Nationals is more for drag racing - and there are some REALLY cool race cars.

Both are nice shows, but I prefer Carlisle. Incidently, Pittsburgh is in the middle of these two shows - but I always go to carlisle and only once in a while I hit the Nats.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:

The Mopar Nationals is more for drag racing - and there are some REALLY cool race cars.

Both are nice shows, but I prefer Carlisle.

X2. My thoughts exactly.

Steve, I share your hatred of those stupid golf carts...really sucks to have to deal with them ALL DAY long...

That's the greenest Q5 car I've ever seen...

Loved the blue post with the blue interior... Shocking, isn't it...??? :D

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
So did anyone see the barn find Superbird Nascar ?

The only car I saw that might have been that was a Daytona that I thought was Big Willies who was supposed to be there. It was in a sad looking state of condition. And no, I didn't get any pics of that car.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunnerh said:

Both are nice shows, but I prefer Carlisle.

X2. My thoughts exactly.

Steve, I share your hatred of those stupid golf carts...really sucks to have to deal with them ALL DAY long...

That's the greenest Q5 car I've ever seen...

I guess my camera isn't taking very good pics these days. It looked better in person and the
fender tag did show it to be Q5. And that last comment Ray, I just don't know what to say!!! :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:

And that last comment Ray, I just don't know what to say!!! :lmao:

Yep, sometimes I really just step out of line and you never know what the old keyboard is gonna spit out... :lol:

Just out of curiousity, did you pay much attention to the car? I'm wondering if it had the A87 package or if it had the taxi-cab interior like mine and just had the stainless post trim added. It looks like it might have the two-tone stripper interior but I can't really tell due to the shadows in the photo...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Steve if you think the Swap Area is small compared to Carlisle, then maybe I'm better off never going east. I spend most of my time in the swap, the year i got the yellow car, I spent most of three days there, and probably coulda spent more. I usually need small stuff that takes time to find, and I shop around for better deals.
as for the golf carts...the last two years we went,I got one for the Wife. It's just too hard for her to get around, especially that big of place. Hopefullt after her by pass, that'll get better. so the carts are a necessary evil, for those that need them. not the little bastards that zip around in them, running over parts, damn near hitting people. there should be an age limit. and there probably is a 10 page thread on the 'parts about the carts by now.
I really like the cruises, and I always hear that there is nothing like that at Carlisle.
thanks for the pics!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
One comment my friend and I made were that if someone had a physical problem that limited their mobility, we had no problem with them using the carts. But I figure if I can lug my fat butt around that place in that heat and humidity, then most of these other healthy people can do it too, and it will be a lot safer for everyone! I don't mean to nit pick Dave but the swap at Carlisle is at least twice as big as the swap at the Nats. You might have a better chance of finding things if you could make it out east sometime to try it, and then form your own opinion. And you're right Dave, as far as I know there is no cruise at Carlisle. But as I said, I just may be spoiled having gone to Carlisle for so many years now where you really need two full days to see everything that they have. Each show has it's unique traits, but for me it's much easier going to Carlisle, (half the travel time,) but I won't completely rule out another trip to the Nats somewhere down the road.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I know what you mean on the travel time. 2 1/2 for the Nats, 5-6 for Carlisle. and they really need to clamp down on the carts. too many young kids zipping around on them. I do want to go to Carlisle sometime.and after beingout in the sun all day, the lack of a cruise to go to would be the perfect reason for a good dinner and a cool night in the hotel. The Nats/Carlisle has always been a "Tastes Great Less Filling" kinda thing.I went to a Chrysler Classic in Norwalk once to pick up some stuff a guy from the Nats had. It's alot smaller than the Nats. a decent amount of cars , and a decent swap area, nothing like Columbus though. It was a nice change for once.

dobie

Reaction score
Yeah Dave, you really need to go to Carlisle. Maybe next year we can hook up there.

I've been to Carlise now 5 yrs in a row and the Nat's for 4. Really no comparison, other than they're both Chrysler shows. I much prefer Carlisle, and its really the only vacation I take all year.

This year I was at the Nats friday only. Only thing I got was a new AMD tail light panel. I didn't cruise on Saturday as I dont have a running car. Maybe next year.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
[quote="ACME A12":folissqx]Loved the blue post with the blue interior... Shocking, isn't it...??? :D

And that last comment Ray, I just don't know what to say!!! :lmao:

Yep, sometimes I really just step out of line and you never know what the old keyboard is gonna spit out... :lol:

Just out of curiousity, did you pay much attention to the car? I'm wondering if it had the A87 package or if it had the taxi-cab interior like mine and just had the stainless post trim added. It looks like it might have the two-tone stripper interior but I can't really tell due to the shadows in the photo...[/quote:folissqx]

No Ray I didn't take any time to look at the car, just a quick check of the fender tag color code. We were on the way out and the heat was really starting to get to me then.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
dobie said:
Yeah Dave, you really need to go to Carlisle. Maybe next year we can hook up there.

I've been to Carlise now 5 yrs in a row and the Nat's for 4. Really no comparison, other than they're both Chrysler shows. I much prefer Carlisle, and its really the only vacation I take all year.

This year I was at the Nats friday only. Only thing I got was a new AMD tail light panel. I didn't cruise on Saturday as I dont have a running car. Maybe next year.

I'm sorry I missed you there Steve. It would have been great to meet you. I was looking all day for a familiar shirt but didn't see any.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Dave, I might have to drag you out to Carlisle next year. You're not far from me, and I make it out there in about 2hrs 45mins, averaging about 70mph. :cool:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you won't need to drag me..it sure hasn't been for a lack of wanting to go. Just haven't had the $$ for both, and with the daughter at Ohio State, that kinda decides which direction to go. things should be easing up starting this fall, so hopefully I can make both. Always wanted to go to the Classic in Columbus too. Have you ever been to the Pittsburgh Classic? How is it?

solid gold

Reaction score
Is anybody going to Photobucket the Nats? Had to be more than 5, 69 RR's there! I'm just curious. I know sometimes with the heat and walking etc., cameras ain't the first on your mind. Thanks Maybe I missed a thread. :huh:

Back