• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars at Big Daddy's

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray what is the story behind the 1970 4dr b-body with the air grabber?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

it's very rare - as in one of none... :lmao:

Just a guy having fun...

glhcarl

Reaction score
I was nice to meet you Ray. I don't know how that body got in my trunk. But you saw that it was trying to get out.

I agree that A12 was drop dead gorgeous. There were lots of really nice cars, for you that couldn't make it this year, think about next year. Its a nice location and the weather can't be beat.

Thanks for posting the picture, now I can prove to my wife I was actually at a car show.

My "red" runner made the 800 mile round trip without missing a beat and got 12.9 mpg.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Pleasure to meet you too Carl. I really liked your bird BTW - just in case I forgot to tell you while we were BS'ing. Did you go back to the show on Sunday? I spoke with John McGowan (mcmopar) while he was there yesterday and he said it was dead compared to Saturday...

Next time I'm headed over to see the Bayer Boys I'll give you a head's up - maybe we can grab a cold libation and do some bench racing...

:jester:
ACME

glhcarl

Reaction score
Ray,

No. I didn't make it on Sunday. Wanted to get a early start for home.

Yes, anytime you are here visiting the Bayer Boys let me know.

Carl

glhcarl

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

it's very rare - as in one of none... :lmao:

Just a guy having fun...

Just like that "yellow" 68 Super Bee "hardtop" parked next to me. Someone spent a lot of money coning a car that was neve made? Again ...one of none.

moparchris

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing guys. I really liked the red on red Cuda, and of course the winged cars are my favorite. Well the A12 car is bitchin oh hell who am I kidding I like em all!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Thanks for sharing guys. I really liked the red on red Cuda, and of course the winged cars are my favorite. Well the A12 car is bitchin oh hell who am I kidding I like em all!

The red on red Hemi 'Cuda belongs to Rod Nelms and it is pictured on his business cards. He owns "Blast Off Inc.", a media blasting company over in Orlando. I'd have it on my business cards too if I were him... :D

I told him on Saturday that when I get to that point I'm bringing him Bambi to strip (little pun there...). I had a local guy blast the 'bu, but he used "Black Beauty" and I don't want anything quite so harsh used on Bambi. Blast Off has several different medias that they use - and he obviously understands my concerns about panel warpage and such being a car guy, but even more so since he's a MoPar guy and owns an absolutely righteous example of his own...

mcmopar

Reaction score
I've known Rod a while now. He helped blast some of the parts on my runner when I was rebuilding it. He did the manifolds and the bottom of my hood as well as some other parts and some parts for my buddy Don's Dart (the guy we went to Old Town with who has the Plum Crasy '72 Swinger). Rod does good work. Back then he had a Plum Crazy '70 Challenger convertible with a white bucket seat interior, console, 383 and automatic with a Slap Stik. He sold it so he could buy the 'Cuda. He found the 'Cuda through a client who saw a pic of it at Rod's shop and told him "my dad's got a car like that only its a hard top." As the conversdation went on Rod found out the car was in Missouri (if I remember correctly) and eventually it was determined to be a Hemi car. It was all in pieces but all there. Rod sold the Challenger and went and got the 'Cuda. I saw it on his rotisserie as he was working on it. One thing about Rod - he does stuff right. The car won Best of Show up there on Sunday last year so he just entered it as "Display Only" on Sunday this year. Its a beautiful machine.

BTW - here is a link to my photobucket album for the Sunday portion of the show. I didn't get all the C-Bodies (only a couple), nor all the AMC entries because I volunteered to hand out some fliers for the Moparty show this Saturday. Enjoy
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g271/mcmopar/Mopar With Big Daddy 2009/

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pics John!

I spotted that Q5 Bee that I liked so much in your batch of photos.

The R4 RR A12 belongs to a nice gentleman named Mark that lives in Ocala. Nice car. And he bought it right... :yesnod:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Personally I like the 73 AMX. Its a bit bigger than the '69 model but its one of the best styling jobs AMC ever did IMO.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had a 73 javeline and when I put A/C back into it I discovered the hole dash is supported by a plastic skeleton that appears to be very flimsy at best. It was a Pier Cardone model similar in color to Rays Camaro

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
thanks for sharing John! Lots of great cars. I love the Javlins and AMXs. I was supposed to have a '69 Javlin Dad had got for a work car untill a drunk (in a '70 Javlin totalled it)I don't know about the Charger 'vert. The roof line adds so much to those cars. And I love the orange(don't tell Gary) '68 Hemi runner with the Cragars.

tom99

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link to the pictures. I really wanted to go this year. Now I got to see some of what I missed.

Back