• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 road runner high school car ,

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice!

I too still have my high school ride - but unlike yours, mine currently needs some TLC. In due time, in due time...

:jester:
Ray

hotrod98

Reaction score
I sold my 69 Chevelle SS396 while in college in May of 1978. I found it and bought it back in May of 1998. The kid that I bought it from had seller's remorse and bugged me to death to buy it back for over two years. He called one day and my wife answered. She came out to the shop and told me that he had called and wondered why I didn't just sell it back to him. I told her that it had sentimental value.
She said "If you were going out on cruise night and had the Chevelle and the 71 Cuda sitting here, both ready to drive, which one would you take?" I called the kid and he and his dad came right over and took the car home. I don't regret it, I have so many nice cars and he only had the one. Besides, we're just caretakers anyway. We can't take these cars with us.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hotrod98 said:
ACME A12 said:
Nice!

I too still have my high school ride - but unlike yours, mine currently needs some TLC. In due time, in due time...

Ray

Any pics?

I have added a Duster Thread in Pics in response to your request. :D

Ray

droptop

Reaction score
"was a basket case" now that's going to leave a mark.... :lmao:

Welcome, and I like to hear the stories almost as much as Basketcase likes pics. I still have my first car from when I was 16, but it doesn't look nearly as good as yours. That is one fine looking ride.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
My car from high school a few years after high school.

scan9.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Ive owned it 24 years now , was a basket case when I bought it took me over 12 years to restore it right .

that looks great :thumbsup: But how about the details on the other cars?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
She said "If you were going out on cruise night and had the Chevelle and the 71 Cuda sitting here, both ready to drive, which one would you take?" I called the kid and he and his dad came right over and took the car home. I don't regret it, I have so many nice cars and he only had the one. Besides, we're just caretakers anyway. We can't take these cars with us.[/quote]

now there's a Gentleman :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
moparstuart said:
Ive owned it 24 years now , was a basket case when I bought it took me over 12 years to restore it right .

that looks great :thumbsup: But how about the details on the other cars?
I have several other cars which ones would you like to know about ?

all of them of course! and more pics! some guys here are real picture hounds...........

Back