• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 road runner high school car ,

hotrod98

Reaction score
Big John said:
hotrod98 said:
We can't take these cars with us.

http://www.corvaircorsa.com/heaven.html

:leave:

Cool story. My wife and I had breakfast with John force and his family a couple of years ago and he was talking about getting sponsors for his funeral with decals on the casket and everything. His wife Laurie just kept rolling her eyes. John is always thinking about sponsorships.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
John's a nut, but I like him.A man that loves what he does. Need to get him outta those Fords though!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Stuart, that is an interesting collection of cars you have there. Did you build the Superbird convert? And I love your '69. It looks great! :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":3u59prna]My car from high school a few years after high school.

scan9.jpg

Were those Cragar Super Tricks on your A12 lookalike?[/quote:3u59prna]

Yep. They were the hot setup back then.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always liked those wheels...those, and the Motor Wheel Flys like they ran on the Gapp & Roush Taxi... Gonna find a set of those one day...

:jester:
Ray

Confederate1969

Reaction score
Big John said:
My car from high school a few years after high school.

scan9.jpg

Wish I had a few pics of my dad racing my RR at the old Shelby County raceway... Out of all the Mopars my dad ever worked on and drove, I only have a couple pics of him doing an engine change out on the '79 Dodge pickup that ended up being my high school ride. I don't have a single picture of him having any fun with the Mopars he had. I guess in a way, it taught me to go overboard with picture taking. 1000 years from now when they excavate the ruins of the booming metropolis that was Oakland, TN, there will be no mistake who the local B5 Blue RR belonged to when they find the millions of pictures. :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
John's a nut, but I like him.A man that loves what he does. Need to get him outta those Fords though!
yes I am a wing car fanatic and chased several for years , They just kept going up in value just above what i could alway afford . so 12 years ago I ran across some original parts for a bird for a very resonalble price and started building my own. 12 years later now I just finished it. It's my price and joy I love it and every thing is brand spanking new on this thing .

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Confederate1969 said:
Wish I had a few pics of my dad racing my RR at the old Shelby County raceway... Out of all the Mopars my dad ever worked on and drove, I only have a couple pics of him doing an engine change out on the '79 Dodge pickup that ended up being my high school ride. I don't have a single picture of him having any fun with the Mopars he had. I guess in a way, it taught me to go overboard with picture taking. 1000 years from now when they excavate the ruins of the booming metropolis that was Oakland, TN, there will be no mistake who the local B5 Blue RR belonged to when they find the millions of pictures. :lol:

I wish I had pics of cars I had over the years. I have some, but not a lot.

Good cameras, film and developing were expensive and it wasn't like now where everyone can snap a decent picture with a cell phone.

hotrod98

Reaction score
I agree. I have very few pics of all of those musclecars that I owned. I graduated high school in 1974 and the musclecars were everywhere, on every used car lot in town. We were buying real nice fairly low mileage cars for $500. We would drive them to death and then go buy another. I miss those days. I guess I was sort of born at the right time.
The few pics that I have were made with those Polaroid land cameras. The pics dried up, yellowed out and are pretty much useless.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my first was a '69 Firebird,OHC. paid $100 that I earned myself. not pretty, but it was mine and the radio worked.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I drove a 6 cylinder Gremlin. :lmao:
I learned how to drive on a '64 Rambler American! And if I was lucky I could drive it to school once in a while.

Back