• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My low buck convertible project

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Nice looking vert, and a terrific story. I will definately follow along with your progress. Thanks for the pics and great post!!

droptop

Reaction score
Cool ride, but about that title. isn't that like a triple negative? I have never seen any thing low buck about a convertible or any project. :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
Cool ride, but about that title. isn't that like a triple negative? I have never seen any thing low buck about a convertible or any project. :lol:
That's true Harold, and it's why I prefer to buy my cars already done. But may I suggest that you show the new guys the unique project you have and they'll understand why you say that! :eek:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
John69RR said:
Looks good Rich. :thumbsup: Like the cruise control.

wasn't lt still "Auto Pilot"?
sweet runner Rich!
love the green and l'm really liking those wheel spinners.
l know what you mean about motovation ln the cold. no heat ln my garage. besldes l'd probably just end up playlng with a VW...needs less done to lt.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
if you scroll down in here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4396 there is a convertible that is my inspiration, I like the white side stripes but I am going to leave the black top mine already has , it's ratty but I plan on leaving it down 90% of the time, and instead of red on the hood scoops I am going to do mine in green so they stand out. Supposedly there are two in that color known to exist (real coded ones that is, mine of course isn't) so it should be unique.

I won't go into numbers but I got into the car nicely and my spruce it up budget is low I'm doing my own body and paint so I expect it to turn out ok but it will never be a show car, the motor was the biggie being completely gone over but most everything else I'm reusing and crossing my fingers, the suspension is fine the interior is usable no rips just discolored some. It will be good enough for what I aim to do with it and not too nice that I have to be super nervous about it.

Wednesday I diving back into it!

moparstuart

Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
if you scroll down in here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4396 there is a convertible that is my inspiration, I like the white side stripes but I am going to leave the black top mine already has , it's ratty but I plan on leaving it down 90% of the time, and instead of red on the hood scoops I am going to do mine in green so they stand out. Supposedly there are two in that color known to exist (real coded ones that is, mine of course isn't) so it should be unique.

I won't go into numbers but I got into the car nicely and my spruce it up budget is low I'm doing my own body and paint so I expect it to turn out ok but it will never be a show car, the motor was the biggie being completely gone over but most everything else I'm reusing and crossing my fingers, the suspension is fine the interior is usable no rips just discolored some. It will be good enough for what I aim to do with it and not too nice that I have to be super nervous about it.

Wednesday I diving back into it!

great job finding so many ralley green cars :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

moparchris

Reaction score
That rally green convertible is my buddies car he just recently sold it to one of the buyers from best of show automotive which is now RK motors. He worked for Honda and they spent many hours trying to match the original color for its repaint. Those pics were taken in and outside of his shop in Ca.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
That rally green convertible is my buddies car he just recently sold it to one of the buyers from best of show automotive which is now RK motors. He worked for Honda and they spent many hours trying to match the original color for its repaint. Those pics were taken in and outside of his shop in Ca.

That is one beautiful car, I found out about the car thru a Moparts thread on rallye green and I told him about my plans for mine and He was nice enough to send me a ton of photos of the car, it was right after he sold it, he seems like a really good guy and that car is my inspiration for mine.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going try to add to this thread once a week if only to keep myself motivated, had warm weather this week and made the most of it
Here's beginning of the week,

850.jpg

849.jpg

848.jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
body filler

the door dent was always there and kind of looks like it was from the bottom of a foot? if only the car could talk

856.jpg

858.jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
priming

867.jpg

865.jpg

856.jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, what do you guys think of the interior combo they never made. The metal on the doors should be white not black when a black dash is used. Funny thing I never understood is if the dash was red or tan or?? the door metal was painted the same color as the dash (not the same gloss or shade I'm sure).My Dad put the white door panels in it years ago and liked it and I must say I do too and can't see doing it any other color even thought it is crazy wrong , but it ain't the only color rule I'm breaking. :jester:

Back