• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My low buck convertible project

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Nice car,nice work,and the white stripes will really set off the perty green .

Won't be long now before the car hits the streets :yesnod: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
abodybill said:
Nice car,nice work,and the white stripes will really set off the perty green .

Won't be long now before the car hits the streets :yesnod: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, slow moving right now, stuck in the body filler stage dings and pulled dents end to end, I hope to be in primer by the end of the week, between family stuff and spring household and yard stuff it's been really tuff to get decent chunks of time for it lately but the end is in sight so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

sam z

Reaction score
Great thread...really enjoyed the photos from years back. Good story. A lot of history there.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally I'm in primer stage, it's going to take a few priming, guide coat, blockings to get it where it should be and even then it will be driver quality. Just need more time, spring in Wisconsin is no picnic if you have a yard.

conv02.jpg

conv01.jpg

Mel69rrvert

Reaction score
Great story and great car Rich. I bought a 69 vert new, and after selling it a couple of years later, finally found another vert in 2002. the car was really rough when I got it, dings, tired 440 motor. Like you , I did mine the way I wanted to do it and did it myself also. I painted this one B7 with white top and gut to match the one my wife and I dated in way back in 69. Installed a 5.7 Hemi with 545 rfe trans. Finished it in 2006, and been driving the hell out of it since.

Keep up the great job you are doing on yours. I love it!

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally thru the primer stage and got the car jambed, now have to work on cleaning the car and garage out, do some wet sanding and figure out who is going to paint her.

919.jpg

921.jpg

moparchris

Reaction score
Looks real nice. The color looks more like F6 than FJ5 is it the lighting or is that the color you were shooting for?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
why not shoot it yourself, looks pretty good so far :thumbsup:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm not to interested in shooting it myself mainly because of the dirt factory that my garage is, I just don't think I can get it clean enough, but it may come to that we will see. Chris those photos were in direct sun so it does look a little light and that paint does not cover well but I got four coats of base on those parts, it looks alot darker in the garage but it is the right rayllye green and had it cross checked with the 68 chevy green same formula. Either way an improvement for me on the Y2 yellow or being a slime lime on a sixtynine as it was.

Anyways i have some leaks to chase down, I think I have a coolant leak out of a mainfold bolt or stud and I think i might need a nylon washer for the drain plug (I hope that's what it is).

Back