• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My low buck convertible project

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
here on 69Lamancha.net we pretty much "do your car how you like it"
just no Donk wheels......
looks good to me.

droptop

Reaction score
White interior in a convertible is the best choice in my opinion. Anyone that has set down on a black seat that has been setting in the hot sun for a few hours with the top down knows exactly what I am talking about. :eek:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:
White interior in a convertible is the best choice in my opinion. Anyone that has set down on a black seat that has been setting in the hot sun for a few hours with the top down knows exactly what I am talking about. :eek:
Not so nice even with a roof down here at times :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
here on 69Lamancha.net we pretty much "do your car how you like it"
just no Donk wheels......
looks good to me.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: and no TV's mounted on the quarter panels
\

yeah...those are just for Chebbies.......

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
droptop said:
Not so nice even with a roof down here at times :lol:
I've had a few WTF moments up here as well in the summer, even with the roof!

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well haven't gotten real far, a family bout with the flu and sickness and a partial week of taxes and small house projects I am now back on track.

876.jpg

887.jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
The fun of paint stripping in February. The car is going to need a little metalwork here and there mainly from the clogged drain holes.

877.jpg

888.jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Replacing the deck lid with a nice Arizona one I have hoarded.

879.jpg

884.jpg

Hopefully the patchwork goes well next week and on to the body filler stage. (we need a bondo slinging smiley)

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad Rich! Are you gonna try and save the original sticker inside the trunk lid?

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't really thought about trying to save the sticker but I will give it a shot, The car is very very solid especially for something that spent some time in Wisconsin. Originally, supposedly, it was in Washington new and ended up in Wisconsin. It took a good hit when it was pretty new I think as the right fender I believe was a new replacement and has the antenna hole in the wrong spot but all the layers of paint match, the left fender was kinked and reworked, actually the front vertical line I reworked and really doesn't match the other side but unless you know to compare you really can't tell. The right rear qtr. was replaced and the seam was filled with lead so I'm guessing that to be and old collision repair too. The left rear quarter my Dad did in the early eighties, it has held up well, the alignment not the greatest but I'm sure it's better than I could do. You can tell my Dad is/was a hard core Corvette guy by all the fiberglass he used here and there, it literally scrapped right off the car in spots, I don't fault him that's just stuff that was done back then and he really worked with the stuff alot with the vettes. My goal is to have something to drive the family around in and to park it without getting too nervous about it. On a side note I did purchase the white sides stripes in reflective material had the extra money last month so wanted to get it right away. I think I'm in the home stretch I'll need some filler, some more primer, I think another 1/2 gallon of color (it seems to need four coats to cover well) and possibly more clear, and the flat black too.

Back