• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Project

joewhite440

Reaction score
The Challenger Rebuild and sale went well. I made good money and it was a great car. I kept the A-12 Six PacK off it and it is on the shelf. I found another Roadrunner which I just got home. It had a lot of 70's and 80's stuff on it. Rolled and pleated interior including Headliner, Air Shock Extensions, Leaf Springs off a Semi, Shackles. ag Needless to say that stuff is all gone. now and it has a new Set of Mopar springs and Stock Hangers on it now. I took out the interior and I will redo it all or have it done in the original Black. The car is an Original Q5 car with the Fender tag. The Engine is the matching number 383 and it is in pieces. The car is an Auto which is what I needed because of my Back and Leg problems. It is not the Matching Trans but o-well. It does not have to be for me. I am not sure weather I am going with the 383HP or I have a 69 440 HP out of a GTX hat I could rebuild and put my 6 Pack on. I would Build the same combo I just had in the Challenger. It ran well on Pumped High Grade Gas. I never tried the 97. Anyways here is a couple picts. It is heading for the Body Shop Friday.

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looks like a good start Joe, but what was the last owner smoking :loco:

Jim S.

Reaction score
Looks like a nice project to get back close to original. I know what you mean about the auto. I aggravated my back a couple weeks ago dealing with snow and I couldn't drive either of my cars for a week (both sticks) and the auto roadrunner was not coming out of hibernation. O.K. I give up, what is that trailer hitch thing on the trunk lid?

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Looks like a nice project to get back close to original. I know what you mean about the auto. I aggravated my back a couple weeks ago dealing with snow and I couldn't drive either of my cars for a week (both sticks) and the auto roadrunner was not coming out of hibernation. O.K. I give up, what is that trailer hitch thing on the trunk lid?
IT SURE DOES JIMMY.....A FIFTH WHEEL BALL.....LOL :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
Jim S. said:
IT SURE DOES JIMMY.....A FIFTH WHEEL BALL.....LOL :lmao:
Maybe it was pulling a fifth wheel trailer, that would explain the truck leaf springs on the thing! Looks like a good project Joe Glad you're returning it to stock!

Steve

Reaction score
Good to see you saving another one Joe.Must have been difficult keeping a straight face buying that :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
let me guess...they drilled holes in a perfectly rust free deck lid for a CB antenna?I like the tail in the air look..but that's too much! Looks like a great project, and a post car!

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Was it a gasser which lost it's front straight axle?

Always fun to start a project.
It's just the problem to reach the finishline.
If you keep extending the distance.

joewhite440

Reaction score
Bingo, Basket case wins! Better a CB in place of the Ash Tray and A Long Whip Antenna on the trunk to Talk to all your Good Buddies when hauling those heavy loads of BS. Her are the Springs They have a Mopar Number on them 2539123 and 36369 and 0809
Looks better with a new set of MP Stock ones!

006.JPG

004.JPG

001.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That metal looks good and will save you a lot of work. So are there any rust issues to take care of?

joewhite440

Reaction score
Just the lower corners of the 1/4's I will see after he gets the paint stripped. Nothing anywhere else! Doors, Fendere, inner fenders front and back look as good as the floors!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice score, Joe!

Man, that rear end 10 feet in the air really takes me back to the seventies! :lol:

So I guess we'll be seeing you on here a lot more again...? :D

:jester:

joewhite440

Reaction score
Jr came over today and took the bumpers and the Dash Out. The Bumpers, Lights etc are unbelievable on the inside. All the bolts came out. We still have a lot of Q5 Behind it all! They must not of taken anything off when they did the Hemi Orange or the Black. When I took the Door locks out there is a Q5 circle on both sides now. I imagine the ones who painted it just taped it all. Lots of over spray on all Rubber seals. A lot of the chrome had left over tape residue on it, like it gets when it gets wet or is left on to long. The car goes to the Body Shop Friday. I will re-do the Dash and all other parts as I feel up to it. Nice to have something to Tinker with!

I Hope I am on here more Ray! Depends on how I feel. Sometimes you do not feel like doing anything because of the pain and I will not complain on here and depress others! How is Bambi coming??? I was talking about you yesterday to Basketcase. We finally met down in East Liverpool. He hooked me up with a couple items I needed. Someday we will meet! Lord willing!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
I Hope I am on here more Ray! Depends on how I feel. Sometimes you do not feel like doing anything because of the pain and I will not complain on here and depress others!

if nothing else get on here to tke your mind off of things Joe.

Back