• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New (to me) Mopar

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Threw a belt again. Looks like the idler bracket has a slight twist to it as the pulley is canted somewhat. Guess I'm going to have to see about ordering a replacement from classic industries.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I adjusted/tweaked it once I got her back home, but it's still slightly canted. I'm going to try once more, but if it won't line up fully I guess I'll be ordering a new one.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Took the RR out this afternoon for about an hour cruise. Good times as all seems to be running well now. Fingers crossed that I got the idler pulley bracket tweaked correctly now. After throwing 2 belts, I was about to buy a new bracket pulley assembly. With our mid 90s temps here, the A/C kept it comfortable inside.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Well, the original sourced idler pulley has still been giving me fits. Somewhere along its life, it has gotten tweaked some and I can almost get it to line up straight, but not fully. After about a hundred miles, the belt squeals under heavy acceleration and I don't want to throw another belt and have more debuts from said belt to clean off everything under the hood. That being said, I was able to locate a NOS idler pulley. Once I get it installed, I'm hopeful that this solves the issue.

IMG_1846_zpsiuarfu0g.jpg

bschomske

Reaction score
Nice ride...Color is different....Mines the code 99 99 vitiam c orange...I think they were trying for sassy grass on yours..just a guess...But you will get the looks and the "hey Buddying" from many people.....

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Thank you sir.... limelight green is the color. You're right about the color turning heads, like I'm sure yours does as well.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Took her out this afternoon for a nice little cruise and I was less than a mile from home when this jack-hole in a red F150, coming the opposite direction, crosses left-of-center and is more than half into my lane. I moved as far to the right as I could, as there is s drop off into a small ditch there. I can see he is looking down and screwing around with his cell phone. He looks up and jerks the wheel back to his side of the road, missing me by a couple feet. I know a miss is as good as a mile, but damn people, put your !$&?@€#%£! cell phones down and drive.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
That was a hell of a situation! Glad he didn't finish in your bird! nice move! :)

Unfortunately those types of accident caused by people on there phones are more frequent...

Glad you and your bird are fine! :)

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I've been looking at wheels lately. I want OE style Magnum 500s. Looking at either using the Nitto tires that are currently on her and getting reproduction 17" rims or searching out an original set of the old school Mopar wheels (which is what I'm leaning towards).

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Got a set of wheels and tires this week. They came off a '71 Road Runner and only had a few hundred miles in the tires.

IMG_2202_zpszkpfras6.jpg

IMG_2203_zpsfb0h4a7z.jpg

Took her to a charity car show today and came home with this:

IMG_2207_zpsotb9vdfa.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Thanks guys... this sign was posted at the car show yesterday and made me laugh.

IMG_2208_zpsp3awssxr.jpg

I removed the overflow tank, relocated the washer tank back to its original spot, and cleaned up a little before the show.

IMG_2204_zpsh947plbx.jpg

IMG_2205_zpsglbc0nzj.jpg

IMG_2206_zpslwwxc3fh.jpg

Back