• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New (to me) Mopar

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
How did it option out new? Can you post the fender tag? Its always fun to imagine what they looked like as delivered.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Yep tech section for the AC stuff,

I know the feeling about OE car being a 4th owner and not having a say in any of the things done especially the accidents and interior color change lol it's been fun finding and getting all the OE parts from members here and others places.

My bird is finally at the body shop getting the exterior striped and then on to metalwork and bodywork then paint :) won't be that pretty lime green you have have but will be back to its OE roots of T5 :)

Good luck you found the right place to show it off :)

Goblin68

Reaction score
What color is your Roadrunner? Is that Sassy Grass or Limelight? It looks AWESOME! I have a 68 that is also not in a color that was available for that year.

Here she is...

Donaldsons Show.jpg

Bird Driveway.jpg

Donaldsons Show.jpg

Bird Driveway.jpg

Last edited:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
What color is your Roadrunner? Is that Sassy Grass or Limelight? It looks AWESOME! I have a 68 that is also not in a color that was available for that year.]

How did it option out new? Can you post the fender tag? Its always fun to imagine what they looked like as delivered.

The color was actually F8 (Ivy Green) when it rolled off the assembly line. From what I have been able to find out, I believe the actual owner passed and his family sold it at auction. Therefore, I wasn't able to ask the prior owner anything. I'm not certain whether it is limelight or possibly sublime green. I'll have to see about a fender tag pic.

Last edited:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
While doing a few minor things today, I found an old bill of sale lost inside the dash. At some point in the Roadrunner's life, it was yellow. They must have blasted the entire car down before painting it limelight/sublime green as there's not a lick of yellow paint to be seen anywhere...... Also, this may have been Elvis Presley's Roadrunner at one time as it was traded for a pink Cadillac. So the names on the bill of sale may just be aliases. LOL

image_zpsw6dwyp0j.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I went ahead and bypassed the heater core since I'm still waiting for all the A/C components. The mail ran while I was doing so and this tshirt and license plate frame came in the mail, with my subscription to Mopar Collector's Guide.

image_zpsz1qw6icr.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
oooo...a green runner..just might hafta resbscribe

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
While waiting on all my A/C components, my Mopar Girl sign finally came in. Hung her up as you go down the steps, into my garage.

image_zpsefdsso84.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Thank you sir..... I started her up after I got home yesterday and was going to run down the road and back. She cranked up fine, but when I started up my driveway, she hesitated and almost stalled. Almost didn't think she was going to make it up the driveway. She limped for a second and then started to go. I didn't make it out of my neighborhood and she backfired and wasn't running right. No clue why as she was running fine this weekend. Going to have to check the timing and see if it's off.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
running fine till you went uphill....fuel filter..low gas level in carb, fuel sock on pickup tube in tank...

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I started her up last night and she ran fine, then sputtered, backfired and quit. I got looking at all hoses and such and noticed that the fuel filter going to the fuel pump was empty, the filter was wet, but there was no fuel in it. The fuel filter after the fuel pump was full. I'm going to see about replacing both filters and the fuel line running from the tank.

It still has points. I've looked at the plantronics 2 to replace them with. I checked the distributor and there was no discoloration or anything that seemed amiss.

May change the 4 bbl carb as it appears to be the original and probably at least needs to be rebuilt and I really don't wanna. lol. May look at one of the Edelbrock carbs that is a direct replacement do I can put the air grabber on later.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
get yourself a new fuel filter, and a chunk of gas line, and a gallon jug. run the gas line to the jug (filled with gas) and see how the car does. If it runs fine, there your problem is the hard line or tank.

Back