• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New (to me) Mopar

quikbird

Reaction score
looks to clear and uncluttered for my garage. :lol: on a serious note, nice to see that fire extinguisher front and center and handy. to many of us forget that little safety gear

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Thanks.... The sign is about 2 1/2 feet tall and is thick like plate steel, instead of the thin metal signs made today.

Dropped the headers off this afternoon and he was impressed that they turned out as well as the did. The slight leak from the bolts that went into the water jacket had rusted them some. Studs will be put in to eliminate that problem. He said the engine builder had the engine torn apart, cleaned up, and everything looked good. However, the purple cam was the smallest there was and he asked if I wanted something larger. Well duh! He's going to get the specs on the engine so we make sure it's streetable and not overkill as I'm not looking to track it.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
looks to clear and uncluttered for my garage. :lol: on a serious note, nice to see that fire extinguisher front and center and handy. to many of us forget that little safety gear

Thank you sir....... I've got another one on the other side, next to the steps. I've also got one that I will be installing in the trunk of the Roadrunner. I look at the fire extinguisher the same as condoms..... I'd rather have on and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
those turned out great. like to get a new set for mine. one has gotten a little swissey

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Checked on the status this week and there were two pistons that were burned. Otherwise, the engine was fine. Cylinders have been bored and all will be going back together shortly. Should have the engine back at the shop next week. We went over the cam and I forgot the size we agreed on, but it's the same one he put in his 440. The torque converter is sufficient to handle everything. I picked up the valve covers to see about cleaning them up before they get reinstalled.

djais1801

Reaction score
I'd go back and drop off a box of joe/donuts...you never know when you might need that relationship!
Got to grinding on the headers this weekend and they started looking better, but the bends and such made it difficult to really get in there and clean them up. I found a local media blaster and put the headers in my trunk. I called today and the owner told me to come on down after work and they'd take a look. When I got there, we started talking cars and that they were for my '69 Roadrunner and he showed me pics of his '70 Challenger (same color as my RR). We walked to my car to get the headers and when he saw my PCP Charger, he said they'd do them now if I had time to wait. SURE! He pulled his guy off blasting the entire body of a '71 Fastback Mustang just to knock out my headers. He asked me if I had cash and just to tip his guy. I've got a little to finish them out before painting, but saved me a ton of time. :eagerness:

quikbird

Reaction score
I second djais thought. take him a little something just to let him know his gesture was really appreciated. a good mediablast shop is soo helpful when you least expect it

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Tracking down an OE intake manifold as the Weiand intake I have is too tall to work with the Air Grabber air cleaner and hood assembly I want to put on her.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you have a 440 or 383 air cleaner? a 440 base sits lower

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Right now, it's an Edlebrock air cleaner. I want to put the big orange Aur Grabber air cleaner and under hood ducting on. Duly noted on the 440 base. The guy at the shop thinks he can get one, but I'm checking around as well. I've talked to Randy at Bouchillon Perfomance and he has the Aur Gabber air cleaner and thinks he had an OE intake in the back as well.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
shop around on the air cleaner. they can be found for stupid prices, but not much effort to find some under $400, and down to $300.and depending on how original you want to be, you don't need the two speed wiper for the big cleaner to fit. a member found one for me listed on CL. All I had to do was cut the tube for the PVC hose for it to fit.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Agreed... I've found several sites with the big air cleaner. No problem there. Just have to make sure the clearance is there.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
The Mopar performance valve covers that were on her were not cleaning up to my liking. They were too neglected to clean up properly to reinstall on the fresh engine.... so, I went ahead and got new ones.

image_zpsqvrq4lu7.jpg

Ranger

Reaction score
I have a spare one if anyone needs it.

The Mopar performance valve covers that were on her were not cleaning up to my liking. They were too neglected to clean up properly to reinstall on the fresh engine.... so, I went ahead and got new ones.

image_zpsqvrq4lu7.jpg

Last edited:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
There's a Mopar Performance aluminum version of the OE 68-69 intake that I'm looking for online to check the specs. It's supposed to have better flow and still retain the OE clearance.

quikbird

Reaction score
the performer was the first manifold most people added after getting their bird. an air gap is a little better today, stays cooler.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I located the Mopar repro intake manifold with Jims Auto Parts in NH (specializes in Mopars).... Unfortunately, that intake (#P4529117) has been discontinued. Even though they still have it listed on their site.

image.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I located the Mopar repro intake manifold with Jims Auto Parts in NH (specializes in Mopars).... Unfortunately, that intake (#P4529117) has been discontinued. Even though they still have it listed on their site.

Warning. Dealing with Jims is a mistake.

Back