• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New (to me) Mopar

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
With all that's going on as of late..... Holidays, work, mom in the hospital (out now and thankfully all is ok now)..... I got to starting with the A/C. Now I'm in a quandary. The water pump seal is leaking. No biggie, but the rear main has a leak. I'm considering pulling the engine and having it reworked before doing the A/C.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
With all that's going on as of late..... Holidays, work, mom in the hospital (out now and thankfully all is ok now)..... I got to starting with the A/C. Now I'm in a quandary. The water pump seal is leaking. No biggie, but the rear main has a leak. I'm considering pulling the engine and having it reworked before doing the A/C.

Good idea, no reason to waste freon

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I was thinking about pulling the engine later on simply because I don't have any information on it as it was purchased at auction. Therefore, I was looking at doing so for peace of mind. Also, it will answer the question as to whether it was previously stroked (I have suspicion that it was). With that said, I'm probably going to pull the engine after the first of the year.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Exactly..... Since the engine gas to come out to replace the rear main, that's why I'm gonna go ahead and rework the engine while its out.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I found a local guy that used to work for Chrysler back in the day and now owns his own shop. He is pretty much the go to guy in this area for all old school Mopars and he also lives very close to me. I talked to him last week about the engine rebuild and he works with a local engine builder for same. However, his shop is closed this week and the engine builder is closed next week. As the Mopar guy lives close, he gave me his cell and met me at his shop to drop off the Roadrunner. She is tucked away in the corner of his shop now, with some company... His '69 GTX, '71 Roadruuner, and '67 Barracuda. He has built a 440 and is looking for a similar B body to put it in. He was all over my Roadrunner when I drove up and told me he's seen me out in it a few times. I told him not to get too attached to her as he has to give her back. lol

I've got a new steering wheel waiting to go on the Roadrunner.

image_zpsfz9xiylc.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
It was ordered from Classic Industries, walnut wood, and came with an installation kit for a standard steering column.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Got my Roadrunner display sign in.... It was made by Walker & Co. and is date stamped 1969 on the back. Walker & Co. used to make most of the auto signs and display items for a good number of the auto manufacturers back in the day. This display is very heavy for its size. It probably weighs 3-4 lbs.

image_zps8btiqcba.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
VERY cool sign. :cheers:

Thank you sir...... A friend of mine came across a guy that had this Roadrunner sign and a Scat Pack Bee sign. He has a 1969 Dodge Dart GTS and he bought the Scat Pack sign, contacted me and as he figured I'd want the Roadrunner.... He was right.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Got to grinding on the headers this weekend and they started looking better, but the bends and such made it difficult to really get in there and clean them up. I found a local media blaster and put the headers in my trunk. I called today and the owner told me to come on down after work and they'd take a look. When I got there, we started talking cars and that they were for my '69 Roadrunner and he showed me pics of his '70 Challenger (same color as my RR). We walked to my car to get the headers and when he saw my PCP Charger, he said they'd do them now if I had time to wait. SURE! He pulled his guy off blasting the entire body of a '71 Fastback Mustang just to knock out my headers. He asked me if I had cash and just to tip his guy. I've got a little to finish them out before painting, but saved me a ton of time. :eagerness:

Back