• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mystery car

69B5

Reaction score
Good morning Chris
Crossing posts! Thats not nice.
I agree, there seems to be some sort of under hood (ground) movement here to identify the mystery car.
When all they have to do is be patient for six weeks and all will be made known to them.
I know a lot can happen in six weeks. I could be killed or worse yet, divorced from my wife and she has the mystery car.lol
Then what would they all do?
The mystery car would be gone. She dosen't know computers and she certainly dosen't know this site exists.
So, fellow 69 RR members, you had better wish Chris and I good health for atleast six weeks. lol
69B5
ps- MarPar, lets just say its not an "A" body. Thanks for the guess.

69B5

Reaction score
Hey,Hey McMopar.
There is nothing bigger and better than the Mystery Car. (atleast to me)
I'm begining to so what they mean about the color wars.
It's once again green against blue, and neither is the color of the mystery car.
Chris you asked if there was any word on the mystery car. We've hit a snag but feel we can still have it ready for Carlisle.
Keep your fingers crossed. Among other things, some parts are still on back order.
I'd settle for an A12 Bee. But you guys are way to smart for that to happen.
Good night all
69B5

mcmopar

Reaction score
All I meant was I'll just wait for the reveal. I'm just not into overly prolonged intrigue. I'll be happy to see it when I see it. :thumbsup:

69B5

Reaction score
I know, McMopar. I was just busting on you.
This is a great site with a lot of great guys. Just want to have fun.
Here's a true story that happened to me yesterday.
I'm at work, mu wife calls to tell me that she started to drive RR and heard a noise. So she turns around and parks RR in the front yard and put keys in the house.
We had friends from out of town stopping in at noon. So I came home to greet them.
Quess what, no RR!!!!!! The keys were in the house but car was gone. I went balistic. Called wife, who thought I was kidding her, but she confirmed she had left car in front yard. I called 911 and reported car stolen. My family is big into vol. firematic's and they heard call go out for my car on their scanners.
I get a call from my son who said he stoped at my house, saw RR in front yard, knew I'd never leave it like that and put it in garage.
I had to call 911 and tell them I had found the car. You can imagine my embarisment when she asked where I found it and I said in my garage. YYUUUGGG!
Thats not all. A family friend who works for the county, had a sheriff friend stop at her office to tell her what was happening and that he was on his way to my house. She jockingly said that he better take my gun away from me because nobody messes with 69B5's RoadRunner.
We have all had some laugh's over this. But I sternly told my wife and son to never do this to me again.
Alls well that ends well!
Don't worry about me, the Doc. said my blood pressure would return to normal in a couple of months. LOL
Turn the page!!!!
69B5

mcmopar

Reaction score
Wow! :eek: If my car isn't where its supposed to be then Chip Foose had better have come and gotten it because I'd be the same way as you! Well, at least now you have an excuse to take a private vacation so you can get that blood pressure back under control :jester: :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Wow! :eek: If my car isn't where its supposed to be then Chip Foose had better have come and gotten it because I'd be the same way as you! Well, at least now you have an excuse to take a private vacation so you can get that blood pressure back under control :jester: :thumbsup:

I'd rather have mine stolen that have chip foose get a hold of it...the day Bambi is wearing a set of 24's, a crate motor, and a rushed silver and black paint job is the day I die... :lmao:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I'd rather have mine stolen that have chip foose get a hold of it...the day Bambi is wearing a set of 24's, a crate motor, and a rushed silver and black paint job is the day I die... :lmao:

I agree with you on that Ray. Not saying Foose doesn't have talent, but I'd rather live with the muddy 1/4s and bad paint than a Foosemobile........ :eek:

Jim S.

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:

I agree with you on that Ray. Not saying Foose doesn't have talent, but I'd rather live with the muddy 1/4s and bad paint than a Foosemobile........ :eek:
I seen the show where Foose did (or should I say :hack: ) a 69 RR convert. I would have to feel that the jury would let me off with "justifiable homicide". Yes he has talent but, he is destroying history turning classics into street rods.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Basketcase said:
[quote="ACME A12":1rrdtxx4]

I seen the show where Foose did (or should I say :hack: ) a 69 RR convert. I would have to feel that the jury would let me off with "justifiable homicide". Yes he has talent but, he is destroying history turning classics into street rods.[/quote:1rrdtxx4]
the dual chevy stripes on the trunk made me sick :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

moparchris

Reaction score
I have seen most of the cars in person since most of the people who get overhauled are from aaround here. The cars are good quality but I dont get the bellybutton approach of the design. I too would rather have my car stolen than overhauled, at least there is a chance that it will return in the condition I want it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparchris said:
I have seen most of the cars in person since most of the people who get overhauled are from aaround here. The cars are good quality but I dont get the bellybutton approach of the design. I too would rather have my car stolen than overhauled, at least there is a chance that it will return in the condition I want it.
Chris, do you know if these people have had any problems with these cars since they were on the show, have they been reliable? I've often wondered about that considering how much of a rush they always seemed to be in to get them done.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
[
the dual chevy stripes on the trunk made me sick :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

still nowhere as fugly as the Year One runner.......

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
moparstuart said:
[

still nowhere as fugly as the Year One runner.......
I don't know of I'd be that nice talking about that car Dave!! :hack:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
seeing the story in MCG on the car, I'm glad it was saved, but...........I hate the donk wheels,interior makes me wanna puke,the billboards? wtf!!!

moparchris

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
moparchris said:
Chris, do you know if these people have had any problems with these cars since they were on the show, have they been reliable? I've often wondered about that considering how much of a rush they always seemed to be in to get them done.

Fooses shop is in the city I work in and I have a few acqaintences that have worked on the show. Some of the cars have to come back and are repainted others have had engine issues, all of them have to have a general tighten (bolts and such). All in all they look okay and some of the cars came out perfect the first time but either way they suck as far as design. Especially the Mopars it seems they take everthing cool and unique to them and shave it off.

Back