• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nearly had roast bird for dinner

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah all our yearly training is starting up again. fire, ladder saftey, hazmat,asbestoes,paper cuts, etc

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I had to take a fire extinguisher safety course at work today...timing is everything... :lol:

:jester:
Did they hand out samples :basketcase:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
I had to take a fire extinguisher safety course at work today...timing is everything... :lol:

:jester:
Did they hand out samples :basketcase:

Unfortunately no, it was online. They know better than to give me anything to play with... :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
moparchris said:
I hate how the dry chem coat your teeth! :cool:
your not suppost to HUFF it . :jester:

there's a Moron around here that the cops pick up a few times a year. Even has a nickname..."The Huffer". Always gets his mug shot on the 6 o'clock news, face covered with paint. :loco:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
moparstuart said:
moparchris said:

there's a Moron around here that the cops pick up a few times a year. Even has a nickname..."The Huffer". Always gets his mug shot on the 6 o'clock news, face covered with paint. :loco:

That is just plain NASTY!
I watched an episode of cops where this guy had silver paint on his lips and face from huffing.
Truth be told, I have been known to enjoy a buzz back in the day, but NEVER would do shit like that!

Jim S.

Reaction score
Well, stupid really is as stupid does. I bought one of those battery covers from Authentic Restorations. It looks really good for a driver car. Has the removable yellow caps and fits over the top of the Napa battery. Trouble is, the thing is 1/2" too wide for the stock battery hold down bracket. I didn't want to just bend the bracket because that would be "jerry rigging" it. I had a extra one, so I peeled off the plastic coating, and cut the old welds, then I was going to move each end out 1/4" and re-weld. Set up the mig and a piece of sheet metal on the shed floor to weld on. I could not get it lined up right with clamps. Getting pissed, I decided to use the bench vise to hold it. I welded one side, then moved over to the other, flipped the welding helmet up to see the great job and surprise, I had 3 ft. flames coming from the trash can under the bench vise. They were starting to catch onto the underside of the workbench.
My trash can is just a double grocery bag. So there was no grabbing it and dragging it outside. Also starting to spread onto the wood floor. I reached back and grabbed my ABC extinguisher and put it out.
Four days ago I would have reached back and grabbed a ten year old Halon one which was no good. Because of ArcDevilz's close call, and this thread, I decided to buy one for the glovebox of the RR and a couple ABCs for the shed and garage, because I noticed the Halon's were no good anymore. Like Ray said, timing is everything. This just happened at 11pm last night. It even woke the wife up because she seen the flickering of fire through the bedroom window which is a good 30 ft. away. My first and hopefully only brush with fire disaster. At least the hold down battery clamp works great.
Might buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

moparchris

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
moparchris said:

I know, right! :lmao:

When someone uses a dry chem to put out a fire and are unsuccessful, we show up to finish it with water. Everytime I get a whiff of that crap as I am suiting up to go to work. Its weird how it attacks all the membranes in your nose and mouth.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Close call Jim!

Well, because of this thread I ordered a "H3R performance HalGuard" extiguisher.
It arrived today. Wow, small for $135......

Anyways, after reading this thread, I thought to myself, maybe this is a sign to get a good extinguisher to keep in the Road Runner. If I would not have bought this and God forbid had a fire in the car, after reading this thread, I would have never forgiven myself...... :facepalm:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Glad you caught it in time Jim, I just happened to check the charge on mine yesterday because of this thread, I'm ready :yesnod:

moparchris

Reaction score
Remember guys to shake your dry chem extinguishers once a month to keep the chemical from caking up on the bottom.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Oh it gets better. Here's chapter 2
So I have this smoldering glob on the shed floor. I grabbed a coal shovel and moved it outside
to a spot that wouldn't wreck the lawn too much. As soon as I put it down, a gust of wind comes and the damn thing starts on fire again. I'm blocking the embers from burning down the shed and the pine trees. Beating it or laying the shovel on it didn't work, too far away from the hose or extinguisher so, I had to babysit it tell it went out. Now the wife sees flames again but, this time they are closer to the house. She comes out in a robe with a dollar store spray bottle full of water (why do women always have that kind of stuff?) and says "get away from there you
idiot" and sprays it enough so I can go grab the hose. As she leaves she "instructs" me to
have it cleaned up before the dogs go out in the morning. Because we all know they would be
dragging pieces of burnt wood into the house across the carpet.
Did I mention the battery hold down clamp came out great?
Yours truly, Jim S. (master-welder)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ah...nuthin like a good woman to support us ,huh?

Back