• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more Road for the Runner!

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
I get what you mean basketcase...

Ok thanks for that Russ, tomorrow I'll to post a pic of how I reassemble it because I can't explain myself I don't find the word in English sorry guys lol So with a pic it'll be easier ^^

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well wish bone shape might not have been the rite description but the best how to describe it. Look into classic industries and they have all the E brake brackets also. I got to get a whole new set of cable's mine are froze solid from rust and being old. A new set will look much better in the end and don't have to work getting them freed up. Nothing like new. Russ.:beep:

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Here is a couple of pics of the package tray personification with the suede stuff, the brake line remolding and the headliner.
We didn't like the look of the package tray, the color look pale ad the surface is not smooth, so we decided to go with a piece of suede we had from a long time ago and was stored in the house, now it looks cool and smooth and the black is a way deeper, nice contrast with the white paint.

package tray in place.PNG Package tray.PNG packge tray.PNG

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Yesterday we went the brake line guy who said next week we can come back to pick up the new ones. :)

RonLiv

Reaction score
For a 50-year old car, what I see looks pretty good. Keep at it! Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Thank you guys!

I hope I will be driving it before long, but there is still a lot to do! ^^

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What is the progress looking like their Sixtynine Bird. I keep making one step forward then two step's back. It is so darn hot here that it is hard to work wanting it to cool off. Like last winter got more done than all summer. Keep up the good work and send us some more pic's. Russ. :thumbsup:

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Pretty the same here, this is not moving forward right now, quite slow... We get the new brake line though, so now we are going to be able to form them to the car shape and install them.
And we are still waiting on the brake rod going from the pedal to brake booster... So we are on hold right now... Once we get it back it will unlock the progress process.

In the meantime we did some stone protector on the front fenders. Let it dry then we will reassemble the front end. Hope in the first couple of October's week the front end will be finish. Then the car will go back to the paint shop for the hood performance black stripes treatment, and then the clear coat on the rest of the car (except the stripes of course).

That is pretty much it for now...

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes it is slow I know. Thought I would have the bottom of the car bed lined by now and outer front inner fenders as well as the front frame rail's. Waiting for paint to dry is slow and the bed liner need's at least seven day's to cure.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to ask Sixtynine-bird Have you done the dash and gauges yet also the steering column. As I look at what I have done and what is left still a lot of work to do here. So when you have time keep us posted. Looking good buddy. Russ. :thumbsup:

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Those waiting times are really hard!

Yes everything is done for the dash it is just waiting under a cover keeping it out of the dust to go back in the car! :) Steering column had some new bearings and repainted now waiting under a cover just as the dashboard.

I have tested the gauges especially the gas gauge, it is working but when the car was running it didn't work --' Don't why, because when I tested the sending unit it was also working... Moved the float to tank full position half position and empty position the gauge read pretty accurate.
Maybe the ground on the sending unit wasn't good or something like that I don't know. I guess I will figure it out once it'll be back on the car.

Oh also, the gas tank is back on the car! Inside was pretty solid looks like new, but on the outside it was a bit "rust" just minor little spot. So we sanded then painted it with metal grey and clear coated it. It turned out pretty good! :)

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello guys here is a quick update.No pics though sorry. Little stuff here and there have been done since last post but nothing much. The wiring harness is in for the dashboard at least, put the accessory light for the tachometer and the harness of it.

The pedal assembly is also in with the clutch pedal and break pedal sitting in a row pretty happy with that.
What else, the aluminium radiator is back in the car on the core support with the electric fan in place also. Now we are struggling with the wiring for the electric fan but it will be solved soon.

The horn is in place also lol That would be the only thing that is original and untouched with the original patina from 1969 on the car. It was our choice to let it as it is think it adds something to the car can't explain but perhaps more authentic. It looks cool :)

The heater and vent boxes are in also with the hoses going through the firewall.

Now we are waiting on an order we made with a lot of screw kits and other miscellaneous parts that are needed to move forward on the project we are kinda on hold right.

And the car will be on hold for a bit of time, because my dad is going through a shoulder surgery on December 19th. For 1 month post surgery he will have his arm stuck and forbid to move it and then 3 to 9 months of rehab... So progress will be slower now as I will be alone working on the bird. But I will keep posting once in a while so you can stay tuned with the project :)

Hope you all guys doing ok and I think it is or it was thanksgiving so happy thanksgiving everyone ;)

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Those waiting times are really hard!

Yes everything is done for the dash it is just waiting under a cover keeping it out of the dust to go back in the car! :) Steering column had some new bearings and repainted now waiting under a cover just as the dashboard.

I have tested the gauges especially the gas gauge, it is working but when the car was running it didn't work --' Don't why, because when I tested the sending unit it was also working... Moved the float to tank full position half position and empty position the gauge read pretty accurate.
Maybe the ground on the sending unit wasn't good or something like that I don't know. I guess I will figure it out once it'll be back on the car.

Oh also, the gas tank is back on the car! Inside was pretty solid looks like new, but on the outside it was a bit "rust" just minor little spot. So we sanded then painted it with metal grey and clear coated it. It turned out pretty good! :)
Sound's like a bad ground issue on the fuel sending unit. Russ.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello guys,

So lately, nothing to crazy on the bird, we were waiting for parts coming from US just had them Monday especially screw kit and other stuff like that.
The dashboard is fully wired installed the manometers under dash, ground them and wired them to get the light when we turn the switch light on.
Now that we received the screw kit, the next step is to install the dashboard in the car. Can't wait to do that!
Door latch also in place doors shuts nice and sweet.
The splash shield in the front fenders are also in place. Coming along nicely.

And we installed the electric fan and did the wiring on that too. It looks pretty nice we think lol

Finally this message is also in purpose of letting you know that there is a new Mopar in town! My brother and I have sell the Ranchero we had in May 2018, and in September we bought a new toy but a real one this time! So the Mopar family just got bigger! We received the car Tuesday.
It is not a bird but a cousin from Dodge. ^^
Let me introduce you to our 1966 Charger 383 4speed from the factory

IMG_7157.JPG IMG_7158.JPG IMG_7364.JPG IMG_7365.JPG IMG_7371.JPG IMG_7372.JPG IMG_7373.JPG IMG_7374.JPG IMG_7375.JPG IMG_7376.JPG

Back