• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more Road for the Runner!

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
A quick update, the car is finally back from the paint shop and yes she is painted! So glad to have some color on that body shell.
With the car back home, we were able to reassemble the rear, like quarter extension, tail lights, rear harness. For the harness we remove the old stuff wrapping the wires and put a new sheath which is fire resistant and looks a lot nicer. All the harnesses of the car will be re-girdle with it.
We started to put the insulator inside the car, that part is almost done. The roof is complete, still have to put some heat insulator on the firewall this should be done by the end of the day.
Doors and trunk lid are back on the car, rods for the inside door handle and door lock are back in too.
It is moving along nicely.
Tonight I'm going some picture of the car and different things so tomorrow you'll see some picture of it. For today just a quick tease

Thomas

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello guys here comes the pics for you, sorry for the quality but it'll give you an idea of what the bird looks like ;)

IMG_7045.JPG IMG_7046.JPG IMG_7047.JPG IMG_7048.JPG

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
We have finished to insulate the interior of the car, so tonight I'll take some pics and post them here.

Also have to tke some pics of the rear end and every parts that we have blast sanded and epoxy primed like rear leaf springs the leaf hangers etc etc.

Now the wipper motor is also back in as the wipper arm on the cowl.

Tonight the plan is to get the heater box back in the car.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
It was Y2 sunfire yellow. But I don't really like that color and I think that the birds look very good with a white dress! :)

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
The car is fully insulate now, floor pan, firewall and roof.

Stick some dynamat sheet in the quarters too so it reduces a lot the noise when we shut the door. The before and after test was stunning!

Hope you'll enjoy those pics :)

ricks_RR

Reaction score
awesome I did not think I was going to like the alpine white but when I got it painted and I put the black stripes on it .I fell in love with it and it is a crowd getter . keep the pictures coming and make a book on all the progress of the car Road Runner 1.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea Sixtynine-bird. Your moving rite along. Looking grate man. Be glad when I get to this part of the car. I got my AC in did not have any of the original AC or heater box part's but will put the after market Ac and heater in from Classic AC don't have to cut down the glove box like other after market one's. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :kartman: Your have really been busting you ball's on this car.

Back