• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noob trying to research

FridayGt

Reaction score
Hey folks, couldn't figure out how to introduce myself for a little bit, but wound up figuring it out in a PM. My name is Jordan and as the odd man out, I actually don't have a Roadrunner... I just reenlisted a few months ago, and decided I had finally saved enough to get a project car. I've been working on my daily driver turbo 4 cylinder car for a couple of years now, and while I love it, it's never been my dream car. That, and, I want to learn more and bolt on parts and ecu tuning wasn't cutting it for me anymore. I almost got my hands on a clone last week, but the seller went with a local buyer, so I'm still looking. Hope to get to know you folks better, and if you could point me in the direction of some good reading material to learn more about Roadrunner's, I would really appreciate it. Chances are I'm more than likely going to have to settle for at most a clone, if not a different vehicle all together for now, but I will someday have a Roadrunner, so I may as well start learning!

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome Jordan. I hope you can find a road runner! They are out there and it is a buyer's market right now :cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Welcome Jordan. I hope you can find a road runner! They are out there and it is a buyer's market right now :cheers:

X2.

John is 100% correct. The time to find one is now. You won't have to settle for a clone. You picked a good place to get your feet wet on Road Runners. Good bunch of sharp, knowledgeable RR enthusiasts here. And the laughs are frequent and free... :lol:

Happy hunting and welcome aboard!!!

:jester:
ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio, and thank you for your service.
lots of good info here. spend some time looking at cars on e bay(usually plenty of pics with the auctions),craigs list,auto trader .com,they have a classic car site. bone up on what the runners are bringing right now. get one as complete as possible, driver condition too. prices will go from $500 for a POS to $30,000+ for an over priced car. But it's not hard to find a good driver under $10,000.

droptop

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Welcome Jordan, and as Basketcase said THANK YOU for your service. I actually dont have a 69 Road Runner right now but they are out there. For cheap. The reference section here is a great source of all things Road Runner. Here is one I saw a few days ago on Craigslist.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2523335826.html
:beep:

This one is gone. It didn't last long.

moparstuart

Reaction score
droptop said:
moparchris said:
Welcome Jordan, and as Basketcase said THANK YOU for your service. I actually dont have a 69 Road Runner right now but they are out there. For cheap. The reference section here is a great source of all things Road Runner. Here is one I saw a few days ago on Craigslist.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2523335826.html
:beep:

This one is gone. It didn't last long.
look at all those blue interior parts Ray needs

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the birds nest Jordan. You've come to the rught place to learn about the Road Runners. Good luck in your search.

FridayGt

Reaction score
Well, Thank you everyone! Holy cow that was one hell of a welcome. Thank you all very, very much! I appreciiate the words of encouragement a lot. I've been getting really frustrated over the last couple months with sellers backing out or being misleading. I finally just put out a wanted ad on a few sites and left it at that. Got a few nibbles, but not much really. I figured I could just put my wants out there and say I'm a serious buyer with a fistfull of cash and see what happened.

I've been looking for a clone for a bunch of reasons, but if I could find an original in decent running shape that met what I wanted, I'd be all about it too. I was thinking a clone as my max was a $9k and this was going to be my first project car, so I wouldn't feel as bad butchering a non-numbers clone. Well, that and I was hoping for a strong engine with a 4 speed that I could drive while making my own and fixing up.

Heck, if I do wind up getting my first dream car from one of you all helping me out, I'm certainly not above paying a finders fee in cigars!lol

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
FridayGt said:
I was thinking a clone as my max was a $9k and this was going to be my first project car, so I wouldn't feel as bad butchering a non-numbers clone. Well, that and I was hoping for a strong engine with a 4 speed that I could drive while making my own and fixing up.

$9K huh, well, I've been hanging on to this one hoping it would go to a good home. Okay. You got it. I have it stored down in Arizona. It's even a 4-gear. Don't mind the cranky storage facility guy, he'll try to tell you that he's the "real" owner but just ignore him... :basketcase:

ACME

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously I was just having some some fun with my buddy Bob in that last post, Jordan. His b5 blue Hemi RR is as nice as you will find on the planet. And no, $9K won't park it in someone else's driveway... :D

We'll keep our eyes peeled and try to help you find your dream car. Glad you feel welcome. We're all about the comraderie and the cars...:cheers:

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
FridayGt said:
I was thinking a clone as my max was a $9k and this was going to be my first project car, so I wouldn't feel as bad butchering a non-numbers clone. Well, that and I was hoping for a strong engine with a 4 speed that I could drive while making my own and fixing up.

$9K huh, well, I've been hanging on to this one hoping it would go to a good home. Okay. You got it. I have it stored down in Arizona. It's even a 4-gear. Don't mind the cranky storage facility guy, he'll try to tell you that he's the "real" owner but just ignore him... :basketcase:

ACME
You made me laugh, loud :lol: :wedgie:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
$9000 got me this one in '07. all new interior,rebuilt 383. needs 1/4s, and one of the POs repainted it himself, but it's a decent 20 footer. blast to drive.

Back