• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noob trying to research

A31PKG

Reaction score
Welcome & thanks for your service!

9k should get you a real - and hopefully running - bird... However for that price it will probably have an issue or two. Sounds like you want something to tinker with and make your own. If that's the case, you may get in cheaper than 9k - it all depends on how much work you want to put into it. As you mentioned. you may do better with a Satellite or Belvedere and go the clone route, as that might free up some $$ for mods/upgrades/repairs...Either way, just know that once you start, its easy to get sucked in. I can't tell you how many times a project begins. and what started as a simple engine rebuild turns into a complete restoration. Pick the right car, set the goal that best suits you, and you're in.

BTW: Trust me, once you put a b-body sideways and feel the "lift & float" you will forget all about "tuners" :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
like I said, $9k got me this in '07. new interior,rebuilt engine,4 speed post, and original F8. needs 1/4s, ahich have been hanging in the garage since i got the car....... :brickwall:

FridayGt

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just going to be patient and see what happens. Its a buyers market for sure and now that I've finally saved up, I'm not going to rush into something that'll just disappoint me later. The more and more I look, the more I'm realizing I can get a driving roadrunner for my money. So well see. A real roadrunner would be amazing, but a clone would allow me the freedom from guilt to do whatever I want and mess up while learning. Either way I'll be happy!

Btw, that's a beautiful damn runner for that price! Especially considering the market was a different place back then!

FridayGt

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Welcome & thanks for your service!

BTW: Trust me, once you put a b-body sideways and feel the "lift & float" you will forget all about "tuners" :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Oh I can not freaking wait! I'm already thinking about just buying a backup set of rear ties with cheap rubber on them! Lol

solid gold

Reaction score
Hey, Bob, That fat guy (judge), looks awful close to your paint with that lousy lookin' sport coat (buttons). Some people just don't get it! You think a judge would. :crazy: That guy just irritated me :eek:

A31PKG

Reaction score
I think that's him standing behind the guy deciding if he should put him in a headlock or not..... :lmao:

Back