• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noob trying to research

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Welcome!

I think you can pull it off for 9K, but might have to go with a 727. A 3rd pedal adds a lot and sellers know it.

What part of the country are you from?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
You made me laugh, loud :lol: :wedgie:
I knew you'd chuckle at that one...and I'm guessing that you enjoyed the "cranky storage facility guy" part the best... :D

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I got the third pedal for 9k

a quick check on ebay:#200644968748
Waco,Texas, buy it now for $95000
F6 green,post car. solid body. has some small holes in trunk floor. has a crapy repaint.needs winshield replaced(seller has replacement, and a spare trunk lid) 383 A/C car missing compressor,Magnum 500 wheels,has the road runner horn,factory exhaust tips. runs, needs brake work, and gas tank had been removed.needs some carb work. has an after market floor shifter for the girlymatic( automatic for you newbies :D ) black and white interior. seats have been recovered with plain vynal. but for you $ you get a real road runner, complete, and with a weekend of work it's driveable. just to give you an idea.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Good improv. Ray. That was pretty good. :basketcase:

I also have a Straight Axle Valiant with a big block and a couple of Jeeps for sale...all rust free Arizona iron... :basketcase:

FridayGt

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
FridayGt said:
I was thinking a clone as my max was a $9k and this was going to be my first project car, so I wouldn't feel as bad butchering a non-numbers clone. Well, that and I was hoping for a strong engine with a 4 speed that I could drive while making my own and fixing up.

$9K huh, well, I've been hanging on to this one hoping it would go to a good home. Okay. You got it. I have it stored down in Arizona. It's even a 4-gear. Don't mind the cranky storage facility guy, he'll try to tell you that he's the "real" owner but just ignore him... :basketcase:

ACME

Pfft, that ol bucket? Does that 9K include shipping? Lol

Yeah, a cherry hemi runner would have me squeal like a school girl, but I'd wind up feeling too guilty if someone was willing to sell it for my budget. Lol

That's a nice runner! A 10-20 footer is all I'm looking for at the moment, I just want it without the cancer. Patience isn't my strong point, so cash in pocket has been testing my will, but holding out will help prevent regret I imagine.

You folks here seem like a fine bunch of folks. I imagine fun times are ahead here. Lol. Certainly a fair bit more pleasent and friendly than the forum for my daily driver car. Lol

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
FridayGt said:
I was thinking a clone as my max was a $9k and this was going to be my first project car, so I wouldn't feel as bad butchering a non-numbers clone. Well, that and I was hoping for a strong engine with a 4 speed that I could drive while making my own and fixing up.

$9K huh, well, I've been hanging on to this one hoping it would go to a good home. Okay. You got it. I have it stored down in Arizona. It's even a 4-gear. Don't mind the cranky storage facility guy, he'll try to tell you that he's the "real" owner but just ignore him... :basketcase:

ACME
You made me laugh, loud :lol: :wedgie:

I didn't know you had a mullet.
:leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

I didn't know you had a mullet.
:leave:[/quote]
Damn John, you made me look at my avatar :lol:

FridayGt

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
Welcome!

I think you can pull it off for 9K, but might have to go with a 727. A 3rd pedal adds a lot and sellers know it.

Yeah I figured I'd have to do the manual myself down the road. I'm in delaware now and actually starting to contemplate buying long distance and shopping, just too scared right now to buy sight unseen.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
FridayGt said:
SomeCarGuy said:
Welcome!

Yeah I figured I'd have to do the manual myself down the road. I'm in delaware now and actually starting to contemplate buying long distance and shopping, just too scared right now to buy sight unseen.
If you find one some where that a member lives I'm sure some of us would give it an initial look over for ya !

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
FridayGt said:
just too scared right now to buy sight unseen.

never, ever,under no reason do that.

I dunno... I headed all the way out to Alvarado, TX with an empty trailer to buy a car that I had only seen in pictures. Worked out pretty well... :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I never grow tired of looking at that stripper. :jester:

Me either...thanks! But Basketcase is right; I REALLY need to freshen up that primer... :thumbsup:

#76,452 on the to-do list... :brickwall:

:lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
I never grow tired of looking at that stripper. :jester:

Me either...thanks! But Basketcase is right; I REALLY need to freshen up that primer... :thumbsup:

#76,452 on the to-do list... :brickwall:

:lol:
DP40 almost has a blue hugh about it :jester:

FridayGt

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions, help and laughs guys. I appreciate it. I think I'm gonna like it here! Lol

FridayGt

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
We might just be able to find you a car near DE. Maybe the cane will blow one in the area.

Hahaha, I wish! Lol. We got hit with an earthquake on tuesday, now this hurricane. Might seem like the status quo for some, but whew, just not used to it up here. Lol. That, and the base has had me running frantic trying to prep to help with this storm. My Dad always tells me about the story of him getting his 67 Chevelle for $25 after being flooded in a hurricane. Lol.

Back