• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil and Additives

Jim S.

Reaction score
I stock piled some of the old 15-40 Rotella before the tree huggers pulled all the zinc out of it. When I run out of that, guess I'll use 20-50 Valvoline with zddp additive. Amsoil makes "Z-Rod" in 10-30 and 20-50 with high zinc but, it is pricey. Curious to see what the other guys are using also......

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Valvoline 10W40 w/ Lucas TB Zinc-Plus additive in the cars w/hyd flat tappets. Straight VR1 50W in the cars w/ mechanical rollers.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Chevron 10-30 with some STP in the red bottle it has lots of zinc in it. Solid flat tappet. Jim in this case the tree huggers didn't do it, zinc ruins catalytic converters

Jim S.

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim in this case the tree huggers didn't do it, zinc ruins catalytic converters

You mean the catalytic converters that the tree huggers forced us to use. I'm still blaming them.
:yesnod:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
69hemibeep said:

You mean the catalytic converters that the tree huggers forced us to use. I'm still blaming them.

My EXACT thoughts when I read that... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
69hemibeep said:

I saw that coming :lol: I think I'm going to put them on the runner to help save the earth, after all we are just a virus destroying the earth. How do you like my new signature :jester:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Good points guys, I have used Valvoline 10W40 with my older 69. But ad not thought about the newer types of oils offered these days for my new one. I'm still in the build process and not ready for the oil yet.

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:
69hemibeep said:

I saw that coming :lol: I think I'm going to put them on the runner to help save the earth, after all we are just a virus destroying the earth. How do you like my new signature :jester:
kiss ass :jester:

Back