• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pump problem

dmartin

Reaction score
M
true, but boy would I like the opportunity :mad::praying:
an if I’ve learned anything about rebuilding motors or restoring anything is replace everything even if you think it might be good it’s cheaper in the long run

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Glad to hear that your bird is out of surgery Quikbird!
It has been a long research work and headache lol Glad you'll be back on the road soon! ;)

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
After two new oil pump's would think you would have gotten the hint. That the pump was not the problem. This stupid pic up tube has had more people over a barrel than you can count. Something so simple can drive you up the wall. If you notice the piece welded to the pic up tube is the threaded nipple welded to it. Don't know why this is a failed area of the part. This is probably due to vibration or harmonic's. Thank good ness you found it and it did not require taking the motor apart. Good driving their bud now that the problem is solved. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Coyote

Reaction score
Qbird lucked out again!!!! If it would have been me, my motor would have come unglued and put mangled pieces/parts and oil all over the strip! His happened in the shoppe during maintenance! Better lucky than good I guess!:drama::steering::luvplace::beep:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That was a stroke of luck for Quickbird. So coyote you know about no oil. Think most of us do that have been to the track. Well he is on his way so what is the next episode in this saga. Stay tuned. :lol:

Back