• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pump problem

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Heck just restoring these old car's will do a pretty good job of sucking up any extra fund's even if it is in plastic. :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'd throw another pump at it and give it a try after everything is inspected. If that doesn't work I'd consider my offer LOL, time to pull it down further.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Check the bracket that bolt to the block where the oil pic up tube screw's in. All it would take is a hair line crack and you can not see it with the naked Eye. I know. You have to dip it in some kind of fluid and put it under a black light to show it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
starting to wonder (after seeing these two in action) if the problem just might be the nuts behind the wrench.....:poke::poke::poke::rofl:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep suck them in the intake and blow them out the exhaust. Ronliv. :moparsmiley: Did you change the oil pan Quickbird. Also have you checked the clearance between the pick up and the pan. The other question is when did you loose oil pressure. While you where driving or after it sat a while.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
naw...iffin I was gonna swipe anything it woulda been his neon sign

quikbird

Reaction score
starting to wonder (after seeing these two in action) if the problem just might be the nuts behind the wrench.....:poke::poke::poke::rofl:
Guaranteed that is a factor.

To answer the other questions, pan clearance was good, pickup tube appears to be clear. No reason I can find for not able to get enough suction. Tried three oil pumps including two that were working. Decided to switch to a milodon road race pain with an external pickup from the Moro so deep sump and internal pickup

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
why not just strap Coyote on the cowl with an oil can and have him squirt oil in the engine while you blast down the strip.....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
have you tried blowing air thru the pick up tube hole? maybe a blockage?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Man that thing should pump oil some where. Why don't you pull the oil sending unit or do you have a tube to go to the oil pressure gauge and see if oil come out their. Just thinking out loud. ?????

quikbird

Reaction score
Never even made it to the filter, let alone the top of the engine where the gauge pickup is.
Since I’m going to a external pickup none of the internal stuff will matter. All bypassed

Back