• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

petty blue ozzy

petty 43

Reaction score
thanks for that Ray the grabber looks well made to me i will just hang back for a bit see who else maybe has got one if not i suppose i will have a chop at one.
Cheers Craig

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
petty 43 said:
thanks for that Ray the grabber looks well made to me i will just hang back for a bit see who else maybe has got one if not i suppose i will have a chop at one.
Cheers Craig

wow now thats a cool pic....where did you find that....almost like the rat fink guy

droptop

Reaction score
A friend of mine (not a member here) bought one of the repops, and he way very unhappy with it. He said it did not fit good at all. He never could get it to not rub the air cleaner. It did not get close enough to the hood. He wound up selling it for an original. I took his advice and bought an original air box at the Nationals for $400. It is in very good condition, and it is only missing the cables and hold downs for the cables. Good originals are still out there.

petty 43

Reaction score
droptop said:
A friend of mine (not a member here) bought one of the repops, and he way very unhappy with it. He said it did not fit good at all. He never could get it to not rub the air cleaner. It did not get close enough to the hood. He wound up selling it for an original. I took his advice and bought an original air box at the Nationals for $400. It is in very good condition, and it is only missing the cables and hold downs for the cables. Good originals are still out there.
I would like to get my hands on an original one for sure thanks for that mate :thumbsup:

petty 43

Reaction score
Thanks looks like a good bunch on here very helpfull im sure you lot will keep me in line and if my ozzy slang confuses you guys some times let me know ill set ya streight :cheers:

jays69bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nice Pics!!! :thumbsup:

Love the Petty Blue on the RR. What is the deal on the LHD versus RHD steering? No longer required to convert them? I've seen plenty of pics of cars from there that were converted...

I was checking out the interior in your car...and the kick panels and the A-pillar trim look a little odd... You'd better take them out and send them to me so that I can "inspect" them... :lol:

:jester:
ACME
Iam curious about the conversion to RHD too,Iam also into vintage Hudson's was told by an Aussie member that any car imported had to be coverted before it could be driven on roads there.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Iam always kinda curious about cars from down under imported into the states,I have seen some vintage Hudson's that were brought to the states,you have some cool cars down there,not just the Chryslers,like the Chargers,but some of the Ford Falcons and even some of the Holdens were pretty neat,seems like quite a few American musclecars ended up down under,just wonder if any Australian cars ended up here.

moparstuart

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Iam always kinda curious about cars from down under imported into the states,I have seen some vintage Hudson's that were brought to the states,you have some cool cars down there,not just the Chryslers,like the Chargers,but some of the Ford Falcons and even some of the Holdens were pretty neat,seems like quite a few American musclecars ended up down under,just wonder if any Australian cars ended up here.

petty 43

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
ACME A12 said:
Nice Pics!!! :thumbsup:

Love the Petty Blue on the RR. What is the deal on the LHD versus RHD steering? No longer required to convert them? I've seen plenty of pics of cars from there that were converted...

I was checking out the interior in your car...and the kick panels and the A-pillar trim look a little odd... You'd better take them out and send them to me so that I can "inspect" them... :lol:

:jester:
ACME
Iam curious about the conversion to RHD too,Iam also into vintage Hudson's was told by an Aussie member that any car imported had to be coverted before it could be driven on roads there.
Well about 10 years ago we had to have special licenced cars with a huge LEFT HAND DRIVE sticker across the rear window it looked pathetic but now no worries :thumbsup: just go for roadworthy inspection and bob's ya uncle mind you it scares the shit out of you the first time driving on single lane roads with no passenger (co pilot) and where i am we have road trains and ya dont wanna go head to head with one of those big mothers still fun though :cheers:

jays69bird

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
saw this falcon at a local show last week MAD MAX
I remember when the movie came out I was in school trying to explain to my non motorhead buddies that you don't turn 6-71 blowers on and off they are always turning,basically one of them told me I was full of shit(hey I saw it in the movie) finally he believed the school shop teacher.

jays69bird

Reaction score
You guys live were all the cool cars are :worship: Thanks, they may be a Ford but I love the looks of the Aussie Falcons

jays69bird

Reaction score
I was at blockbuster last night on the older movies it was rent one get one free,so I rented Mad Max,now I had a copy take off HBO on VHS back in the day but the tape got bad,funny thing is the movie was dubbed,the one I rented last night is actually Mel Gibson,and everyone else speaking with an aussie accent,I know hollywood used to pull this crap dubbing even movie in English to get rid of the accents,good vto see the movie as it was meant to be seen.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
petty 43 said:
Thanks looks like a good bunch on here very helpfull im sure you lot will keep me in line and if my ozzy slang confuses you guys some times let me know ill set ya streight :cheers:
Welcome aboard Nice car. I can hear your accent in your typing :lol:

petty 43

Reaction score
G'day back again just letting yas know im still around well i got home pulled the bird out spent 4 days detailing it 2 of those where polishing the old paint job up it came up pretty good new KYB gas struts helped the ride as it felt like a boat when driving it a new sit of 17" rims and "O" rings some SRV in the cd player and you couldnt get me out of it its the best dam car i ever owned and best of all the War office love it to so here are a couple of pics i have missed out on a all American car show as im back at work but will catch one next time im home what do yas think.
DSC01024.jpg
DSC01025.jpg
cheers people
PS whats the best swaybars to use as the body roll is way to much for my liking :beep:

Back