• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

plastic paint

dbc105

Reaction score
I have received my defrost vents and I need to paint them blue. any recommendations on what paint to use that will stick to plastic and be a good match?

Thanks,
DC

Jim S.

Reaction score
dbc105 said:
I have received my defrost vents and I need to paint them blue. any recommendations on what paint to use that will stick to plastic and be a good match?

Thanks,
DC
My car has a interior code of "H2B" The paint code for the kick panels, pillar posts, defrost vents, etc. is Ditzler 13449 Bahama Blue. A PPG paint shop can mix it for you. It is acrylic lacquer. They can also put it in a rattle spray can if you desire. First you should clean the parts well with a degreaser like simple green, rinse, then use something that leaves no residue. 91 rubbing alcohol is safe for plastic. Next get some Bulldog adhesion promoter (Walmart). Follow directions, (two light coats), then hit them with a couple coats of the beautiful BLUE. Not sure what your interior code is but all the 68-69 blue interior cars I've seen use that paint code. SEM makes plastic paint also but, it will not be a exact match.............

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
dbc105 said:

Thanks,
DC
My car has a interior code of "H2B" The paint code for the kick panels, pillar posts, defrost vents, etc. is Ditzler 13449 Bahama Blue. A PPG paint shop can mix it for you. It is acrylic lacquer. They can also put it in a rattle spray can if you desire. First you should clean the parts well with a degreaser like simple green, rinse, then use something that leaves no residue. 91 rubbing alcohol is safe for plastic. Next get some Bulldog adhesion promoter (Walmart). Follow directions, (two light coats), then hit them with a couple coats of the beautiful BLUE. Not sure what your interior code is but all the 68-69 blue interior cars I've seen use that paint code. SEM makes plastic paint also but, it will not be a exact match.............
"Beautiful Blue" Jim your quit the eloquent speaker :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:
dbc105 said:

Thanks,
DC
"Beautiful Blue" Jim your quit the eloquent speaker :lol:

I think its Blue subliminal propoganda, trying to convert us greenies to blue. Wait is it green or blue, I like blue yeah thats the ticket. Wait its already working darn it! I guess I will go out and roll around in the grass to bring me back to my roots. No pun. :crazy:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I think its Blue subliminal propoganda, trying to convert us greenies to blue. Wait is it green or blue, I like blue yeah thats the ticket. Wait its already working darn it! I guess I will go out and roll around in the grass to bring me back to my roots. No pun. :crazy:

You just go hang out with the greenies...we won't even put up a fight... :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
you guys fight all you want , RED is still the best color for 69's .

Hey Bob, Baby Huey is tugging at my sleeve and babbling something about red again...I can't remember; do I just ignore him or do I drop the cartoon anvil on him...? :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

Hey Bob, Baby Huey is tugging at my sleeve and babbling something about red again...I can't remember; do I just ignore him or do I drop the cartoon anvil on him...? :lmao:
Ray, you could ask him, if red is the best color for 69's why is he trying to unload his red car? :pot:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:snowball: :snowball: :snowball: Green rules,Blue drools.....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
:snowball: :snowball: :snowball: Green rules,Blue drools.....

What are you trying to tell us; that it is already snowing up there?

Hope I don't get too sunburned tomorrow at the Garlits show... :lmao:

:acme:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not yet, but the weatherman has mentioned already........and may you look like a well buttered lobster tomorrow.......... :acme: :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray I don't think StuRat would feel an anvil just ignore him. And Stu, Steve has a good point, why not sell the green one :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ray I don't think StuRat would feel an anvil just ignore him. And Stu, Steve has a good point, why not sell the green one :jester:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: my apologies Dave!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:

OOPS! :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

Ray, you could ask him, if red is the best color for 69's why is he trying to unload his red car? :pot:
you just but out :jester: oh and its suppost to be 80 tomorrow here ,one last trip with the top down :thumbsup:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I love the red car but the blue under green car was alway my dream and I am having a blast in it . 70 is of course the best year , model and styling . :acme: :pot: :pot: :pot: I made that statement the first day I was on here and got alot of people mad , its still true though :lmao: :lmao: you guys have still let me stay around and thanks for that .

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
I love the red car but the blue under green car was alway my dream and I am having a blast in it . 70 is of course the best year , model and styling . :acme: :pot: :pot: :pot: I made that statement the first day I was on here and got alot of people mad , its still true though :lmao: :lmao: you guys have still let me stay around and thanks for that .
Its quite simple Stu, once the 69 sells your outa here :lmao: ( I must be feeling better I think I got my old spark back)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:

none needed my Green Brother...mine is only three tappers.

Back