• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

plastic paint

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Ray I don't think StuRat would feel an anvil just ignore him. And Stu, Steve has a good point, why not sell the green one :jester:
I love the red car but the blue under green car was alway my dream and I am having a blast in it . 70 is of course the best year , model and styling . :acme: :pot: :pot: :pot: I made that statement the first day I was on here and got alot of people mad , its still true though :lmao: :lmao: you guys have still let me stay around and thanks for that .
Its quite simple Stu, once the 69 sells your outa here :lmao: ( I must be feeling better I think I got my old spark back)
but remember i'm inheriting yours daddy :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: I cant imagine me really ever getting ride of my High school ride , but at least this way the wife thinks i'm trying :drive:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I scored two pairs of B-Body vents at Garlits yesterday for $30. They're both black, so I'll have to paint a pair of them blue also. Two very nice sets - still pliable and not at all chalky. I always prefer the original stuff over repopped wherever possible...

:jester:

dbc105

Reaction score
jester, how are you going to install yours? do you have the windshield out?

thanks jim s. I will check out Wally world for the Bulldog stuff.

DC

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
dbc105 said:
jester, how are you going to install yours? do you have the windshield out?

thanks jim s. I will check out Wally world for the Bulldog stuff.

DC

I'm just stockpiling parts for the resto at this point. They won't get replaced until the whole car gets blown apart and put back together.

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
I didnt have to remove the windshield to install the defrost vents in my '68 Road Runner.... :huh:

Yeah, I agree with you Harry; it looks like this could be pulled off w/o having to R&R the windshield...I'm just not going to bother because a full resto is in the offing...

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I recall a real fun job being replacing a dash pad with the dash and instrument cluster in the car....locating and removing/replacing all those speednuts...especially the ones on the end by the driver's side! :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
it's just a fun day pulling the switch panel and instrument cluster..... :soap: it's soooooooo much easier with a Rally dash, put still can be a pain. almost be easier to have the windshield pulled and pull the whole dash out.

dbc105

Reaction score
roadrunnerh, can you tell me how you did it? does it require removing the entire dash? after trying to put them in, it looks like if the tube on the bottom is trimmed it might work. I was planning a dash cap to go over my cracked pad as most of them I have seen on other cars you can hardly tell it from factory, but after getting a closer look at what I have to cover, I may have to replace it. anyone installed one of these?

DC

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Are you asking how to install the dash vents, the dash pad, or both?

As far as the vents......I am not sure if there is any difference with the "pitch" of the dash between 68 and 69 which could affect installing the vents. I know the dashpad itself is different (68 has more of a "sharp" edge facing the passengers). But I definately did not remove the windshield, and I did not trim the bottom of the vents to install (trial and error with options on how you angle the vents). They use the four speed-nuts to hold in place.

After typing my previous post about the dashpad, I think I did remove the instrument cluster to replace the dash pad.
Also, I had replaced the glove-box cardboard box so that was probably out too. The radio might have been out as well.

The dashpad has studs attached to it - 6, I think, that are spaced out. they go into the holes in the steel dash frame. I used a 1/4 " driver (screwdriver handle 1/4 drive) with a 3/8" deep socket (i think it was 3/8, I did this back in '94 or '95).

First, with your hand digging around, find the stud, than use the tool to remove the nut. Do that for all 6.
Expect to get a sore back and right arm (if right handed) lol.

I hope this post makes sense...... :leave:

PM me if you want with questions, I'll try my best to help!

Back