• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post or not

gunnar

Reaction score
What is better a post style or hardtop/postless.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Post is stronger, but I like the looks of a hard top. If you have one to give away I'll take either. And welcome aboard :party: :party: :party:

gunnar

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and the welcome. I had a roadrunner in high school and am getting the itch to get one again. I didn't even realize that there was a post car and a hardtop till I did a little research. The one I had was a post. Looking at a hardtop for sale right now but concerned about vibration/strength.

moparstuart

Reaction score
gunnar said:
Thanks for the replies and the welcome. I had a roadrunner in high school and am getting the itch to get one again. I didn't even realize that there was a post car and a hardtop till I did a little research. The one I had was a post. Looking at a hardtop for sale right now but concerned about vibration/strength.
I Own both and dont notice any difference , If you going to build a huge motor for it just get frame connectors for it .

gunnar

Reaction score
I have to apologize for my ignorance but what is a frame connector?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
gunnar said:

Pieces of structural steel welded (sometimes bolted in) to the front and rear subframes to tie them together and make the car stronger. Essentially a full frame for a unibody car. They prevent the car from twisting under extreme stress from hard launches. Unless you run a mountain motor and or slicks you won't need them, assuming you have a good solid (not rusted to pieces) foundation.

Welcome aboard!

I like all three body styles - and have had all three. I currently have a stripper post car - so if I had to cast a vote I guess I'd go with the post crowd. To me the point is moot; any RR is a good RR... :D

:jester:
ACME

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
gunnar said:

Pieces of structural steel welded (sometimes bolted in) to the front and rear subframes to tie them together and make the car stronger. Essentially a full frame for a unibody car. They prevent the car from twisting under extreme stress from hard launches. Unless you run a mountain motor and or slicks you won't need them, assuming you have a good solid (not rusted to pieces) foundation.

Welcome aboard!

I like all three body styles - and have had all three. I currently have a stripper post car - so if I had to cast a vote I guess I'd go with the post crowd. To me the point is moot; any RR is a good RR... :D

:jester:
ACME
well if your going to throw convertibles in the mix i have to vote convertible :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: still no post

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
gunnar said:
What is better a post style or hardtop/postless.

welcome to the site!
now...Post Cars are sooooooooo much cooler than hardtops. No girly windy windows. Just manly pop outs. And GREEN Post cars(even those hidden by Yellow paint) are the best by far. :stuckup: :wedgie: :acme:

mcmopar

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I really don't care as long as its not green :acme:

So speaks the Philistine with the fat valve covers :jester:
I've has a post Q5 Turquoise runner and my current F8 Ivy GREEN Metallic hard top. The post is a bit lighter since they don't have the window mechanisms but it sure is a lot nicer to be able to roll down the rear windows. Either way matters not a whit to me. I like 'em both.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
69hemibeep said:
I really don't care as long as its not green :acme:

So speaks the Philistine with the fat valve covers :jester:
I've has a post Q5 Turquoise runner and my current F8 Ivy GREEN Metallic hard top. The post is a bit lighter since they don't have the window mechanisms but it sure is a lot nicer to be able to roll down the rear windows. Either way matters not a whit to me. I like 'em both.
A Philistine? John are you saying I don't know art. I'll have you know I own one of the best Elvis velvet paintings you ever did see :lol:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I like 'em both, my car is a coupe, I owned a hardtop in the past, which are cool with the big opening when the windows are down....

Back