• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post or not

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mac said:
any one of these debates i don't have a chance. i drive a pooped stain colored, non hemi, taxi cab. :brickwall:
That may be Mac, but you will get them there faster then any other cabbie out there!!!!!

joewhite440

Reaction score
I feel it is all in the look you like. The Post cars are a little lighter and stronger like others have said. The hardtops are heavier due to structure metal that had to be added because the post was removed and the window mechanism like someone else said, Weight difference can be overcome with very little HP or Weghtwatchers and Strength can be corrected with Frame connectors. All very easy fixes so like I said in the start it is just what you like to look at. I have had one Yellow post like Basketcases and the hardtop project I am selling my son so he can finish it. I like them both.

Joe

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:
I'll bet you're just jealous because "home ownership" was out of reach for you back then! :acme: :jester:

My initial "home ownership" came in the form of a F3 RR if you recall...but then I graduated to B3, Y2, and ultimately B5... :D :acme: :D

:jester:

So....what Ray is saying is that he couldn't find a green one! :lmao:

My Superbird clone started as a post. I suspect that posts and hardtops are exactly the same except a piece of metal (thin one at that) spot welded into the window frame. I now know this is true since they just cut out the spot weld and removed that metal piece. The window regulator even bolts in without modification. IMHO they are of the same strength.

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:
I'll bet you're just jealous because "home ownership" was out of reach for you back then! :acme: :jester:

My initial "home ownership" came in the form of a F3 RR if you recall...but then I graduated to B3, Y2, and ultimately B5... :D :acme: :D

So....what Ray is saying is that he couldn't find a green one! :lmao:

My Superbird clone started as a post. I suspect that posts and hardtops are exactly the same except a piece of metal (thin one at that) spot welded into the window frame. I now know this is true since they just cut out the spot weld and removed that metal piece. The window regulator even bolts in without modification. IMHO they are of the same strength.
I know aonther guy hwo make a superbird clone out of a post car and said the same , very simple easy conversion .

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
gunnar said:
Thanks for the replies and the welcome. I had a roadrunner in high school and am getting the itch to get one again. I didn't even realize that there was a post car and a hardtop till I did a little research. The one I had was a post. Looking at a hardtop for sale right now but concerned about vibration/strength.

Gunnar:

Did you ever find a car? I don't remember this matter ever coming to a close...but since I don't remember yesterday that's not a huge surprise... :lol:

ACME

gunnar

Reaction score
I haven't purchased a car yet. Guess I'm waiting to stumble on the right car. I'm also kinda holding off till I have a proper place to keep it. I poured a slab for a basketball court for my boys a few years ago, once they are off to college its gonna be where I build my dream garage if I have the funds. My youngest will graduate from high school next year. I have a pole barn but its a dirt floor and mice get in there as well as squirrels. The past two springs I've suffered these horribly strong feelings to be back in the drivers seat of a roadrunner, I would imagine that will happen again this spring. If t he right deal comes along before the garage is built I might pull the trigger.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
gunnar said:
I haven't purchased a car yet. Guess I'm waiting to stumble on the right car. I'm also kinda holding off till I have a proper place to keep it. I poured a slab for a basketball court for my boys a few years ago, once they are off to college its gonna be where I build my dream garage if I have the funds. My youngest will graduate from high school next year. I have a pole barn but its a dirt floor and mice get in there as well as squirrels. The past two springs I've suffered these horribly strong feelings to be back in the drivers seat of a roadrunner, I would imagine that will happen again this spring. If t he right deal comes along before the garage is built I might pull the trigger.
I have a fender and deck lid, with a couple more parts and a bunch a bondo I could get my Valiant to look like a bird for you :lol:

gunnar

Reaction score
That sounds good if the valiant has a 440 six pack in it. :lol:

mannye

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
gunnar said:
I have a fender and deck lid, with a couple more parts and a bunch a bondo I could get my Valiant to look like a bird for you :lol:

I always wanted to build a "baby bird" by styling a dart to look like a 'runner. Never was able to get the space for it. I wish I had a Tardis.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mannye said:
69hemibeep said:
gunnar said:

I always wanted to build a "baby bird" by styling a dart to look like a 'runner. Never was able to get the space for it. I wish I had a Tardis.
You got me to thinking but the roof line on a post car is way off from a b-body :yesnod:

mannye

Reaction score
You got me to thinking but the roof line on a post car is way off from a b-body

I dunno... take a look at this 73 swinger... squint and it looks close!

1973-Dodge-Dart-Swinger-lime.jpg

1973-Dodge-Dart-Swinger-lime.jpg

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mannye said:
I wish I had a Tardis.

Then you could go back in time and buy a REAL '68 Hemi Dart...and a few others on your list I am sure... :banana: :yesnod: :banana:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mannye said:
Squint my a$$...Mannye has been in the sauce already today fellas... :lmao:

mannye

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
ACME A12 said:
mannye said:
Squint my a$$...Mannye has been in the sauce already today fellas... :lmao:

:yesnod: :haha:

LOL I'm the only only one that sees it? :yesnod: :lol: Let take another hit of this here salvia and look again....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
...all I see are some fenderwells that need a shot of rattle can black to kill that bright green overspray... :D

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mannye said:
69hemibeep said:

You got me to thinking but the roof line on a post car is way off from a b-body :yesnod:

You need a 70 Swinger hardtop my friend I will make you a hell of a deal. :banana:

Back