• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post or not

Mel69rrvert

Reaction score
My first road runner was a forest green 68 post car with black vinyl top. Since then I have had 2 more road runners........both 69 convertibles and both of them B7 jamaica blue.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mel69rrvert said:
My first road runner was a forest green 68 post car with black vinyl top. Since then I have had 2 more road runners........both 69 convertibles and both of them B7 jamaica blue.

F8 RRs always seem to be the automotive equivalent of the one or two bedroom starter home... :lmao: :acme: :lmao:

I've seen VERY few B7 Road Runners over the years...pretty amazing that you've had two, Mel...and they were both drop-tops... :thumbsup: It is also VERY rare for A12 cars; there are only three known A12 RRs and NO known A12 Super Bees...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mcmopar said:
69hemibeep said:
I really don't care as long as its not green :acme:

So speaks the Philistine with the fat valve covers :jester:
I've has a post Q5 Turquoise runner and my current F8 Ivy GREEN Metallic hard top. The post is a bit lighter since they don't have the window mechanisms but it sure is a lot nicer to be able to roll down the rear windows. Either way matters not a whit to me. I like 'em both.
A Philistine? John are you saying I don't know art. I'll have you know I own one of the best Elvis velvet paintings you ever did see :lol:

yeah...but do you have the Poker playing dogs?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[quote="ACME A12

I've seen VERY few B7 Road Runners over the years...pretty amazing that you've had two, Mel...and they were both drop-tops... :thumbsup: It is also VERY rare for A12 cars; there are only three known A12 RRs and NO known A12 Super Bees...[/quote]

I saw a '68 B7 post in a boneyard back in the '80s.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[

F8 RRs always seem to be the automotive equivalent of the one or two bedroom starter home... :lmao: :acme: :lmao:

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (and you predicted this.........

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Mel69rrvert said:

I'll bet you're just jealous because "home ownership" was out of reach for you back then! :acme: :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
I'll bet you're just jealous because "home ownership" was out of reach for you back then! :acme: :jester:

My initial "home ownership" came in the form of a F3 RR if you recall...but then I graduated to B3, Y2, and ultimately B5... :D :acme: :D

:jester:

Mel69rrvert

Reaction score
I need to clarify........The 68 forest green and the 1st jamaica blue 69 vert were bought new. My current jamaica blue 69 vert was originally a R4 car that I now have painted B7.

droptop

Reaction score
gunnar said:
What is better a post style or hardtop/postless.

The hardtops will split the top of the quarters just behind the doors if you have a lot of torque due to the body twisting. The post cars handle the horse power a lot better. But my vote goes to a convertible with frame connectors. :cheers:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

My initial "home ownership" came in the form of a F3 RR if you recall...but then I graduated to B3, Y2, and ultimately B5... :D :acme: :D

moparstuart

Reaction score
droptop said:
gunnar said:

The hardtops will split the top of the quarters just behind the doors if you have a lot of torque due to the body twisting. The post cars handle the horse power a lot better. But my vote goes to a convertible with frame connectors. :cheers:
me too :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Post or no post? would depend on the type of runner you want, to me the post (coupes) are best with as few options as possible and the hardtops are nicer with a few options (buckets, console, tape player etc.) either way gotta love 'em :beep:

Mel69rrvert

Reaction score
RED brother paint it back RED

I don't mind a red car.........I just wanted this one to look like the 69 that I bought new. That is how it ended up being painted blue

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
Post or no post? would depend on the type of runner you want, to me the post (coupes) are best with as few options as possible and the hardtops are nicer with a few options (buckets, console, tape player etc.) either way gotta love 'em :beep:
Very well put. If you want a taxi cab get a post car :leave: :jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
droptop said:
gunnar said:

Yep, my car has that split. Fixed it once and it split again! That would be why my car is getting the US Car Tool frame connectors.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
any one of these debates i don't have a chance. i drive a pooped stain colored, non hemi, taxi cab. :brickwall:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mac said:
any one of these debates i don't have a chance. i drive a pooped stain colored, non hemi, taxi cab. :brickwall:
That's alright It makes for a nice package :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back