• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your old Pics........

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Mom in 1969. Notice the placement of the door decal. Love the white walls......NOT
scan0001.jpg
Dad in 1969.
scan0002.jpg
Dad and a friend after noodling a few cats...... :loco:
scan0003.jpg

John69RR

Reaction score
You noodled in Indiana?? I never heard about that until I move to Texas, and even then it was years later. Nice pics.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Here are a few for your viewing pleasure:
rr-dart.jpg
Circa summer 1982 or thereabouts. The Dart is a '66 4 door that had a 273 2bbl, auto on the tree and factory under dash a/c. It was my wife's car and got toasted when she pulled out in front of a BMW on Thanksgiving day in 1985. I was sad to see it go.
rr81.jpg
Originally this car was my dad's Q5 Turquoise runner that he sold me in 1975 after I graduated high school. I got in an accident with it in the winter of '76 and decided to change color when it was repaired. A local body man in Ft. Wayne did it up and painted the stripes on. It looked nice.
rr82.jpg
Circa summer 1982 or thereabouts. Taken the same day as the pic with the Dart in the vicinity of Herndon airport here in Orlando.
rrtwins-1.jpg
Circa 1983. The green one is my present car. Taken very shortly after acquiring the Green Machine. I spent all my $$$ to buy it ($1400) and had to wait a month to get enough for sales tax, tag and title transfer fees. The red one was parted out and sold but I got lots of parts from it including the wheels.
rrtwins-2.jpg
Another shot.
rr85.jpg
Big Green shortly after a face lift in 1985. I had body repairs done and a the body shopa applied a new lacquer paint job. This is when I had the the hood stripes applied (they are not original to this car). New carpet was also installed. At this time it still had the original engine.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":3uvv96m1]Dad and a friend after noodling a few cats...... :loco:.

Your trike in this picture, Hoosier?

:D
Ray[/quote:3uvv96m1]

Yep, that was my red and white hot rod........... I would have never parted it out........:lol:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I dont have a lot of old pics, but Ive got one of my first Hot Rod! 1958 Garton.

john_matt-1.jpg

My two boys were still enjoying it here. They have their own kids now and I still have the Hot Rod!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:
The red one was parted out and sold

I'll bet if you try really hard you'll be able to read my mind...
:lmao:

Ray

:eek: :eek: :eek: tell me the frame was swiss cheese and the body was all bondo!!
and the white walls don't look all that bad.....what did Dad do with that one?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
I dont have a lot of old pics, but Ive got one of my first Hot Rod! 1958 Garton.

john_matt-1.jpg

My two boys were still enjoying it here. They have their own kids now and I still have the Hot Rod!
cool! been in any antique shops lately? the old pedal cars are worth $$$$$
we were in one in Columbus a couple weeks after The Nats, and I saw a pedal tractor like the one I had in the late '60s. they were asking $350. I've seen the older cars go four figures.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Ray

:eek: :eek: :eek: tell me the frame was swiss cheese and the body was all bondo!!

Dad sold it to a guy he worked with that drove it every day until about 1987. Still looked as good as when my dad had it. He then sold it to some kid that ran the crap out of it and it sat outside for about 5 years. When I had the money time and place to redo the car I tracked the guy down that tore it all up and found out he had turned it in to a dirt circle track car. I could have cried............ :puke:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
When I had the money time and place to redo the car I tracked the guy down that tore it all up and found out he had turned it in to a dirt circle track car. I could have cried............ :puke:[/quote]

tht should be illeagle in all 50.... :brickwall:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Ray

You are right on the money. The trunk floor and rear quarters were ate up as were the floorboards. That car spent almost its whole life on the roads of northern Indiana with no undercoating. After we moved down here the rain and humidity made short work of it. I had one bodyman tell me the only way to rescue it was to splice the rear of a good on onto the front half of it. Remember, this was 1983 and there weren't a lot of available parts for these cars like there are today. It was my daily driver and I was making around $7 per hour at the time. We had only been married a couple of years so I didn't have a lot of spare change lying around to spend on a restoration.
I worked overtime as much as I could to save up the $1400 needed to buy the green machine. I sold the engine (transplanted 440) first and then the shell. The guy I sold it to was gracious enough to let me unbolt anything I wanted to take off the car. He only wanted the 4 speed and interior. I took the power bulges, grille, tail lights and housings and emblems. Before I let it go I put the tires on the green one on the road wheels and put the blank steelies on the red one. It was very tough to let the red one go but at the time there was no other choice.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
a buddy and I parted out several '68-'70 Chargers in the '80s, that today would have been very restorable. but we needed the parts for my '68 and his '69. this was well before ebay,year one, etc.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
You are right on the money. The trunk floor and rear quarters were ate up as were the floorboards. That car spent almost its whole life on the roads of northern Indiana with no undercoating. After we moved down here the rain and humidity made short work of it. I had one bodyman tell me the only way to rescue it was to splice the rear of a good on onto the front half of it. Remember, this was 1983 and there weren't a lot of available parts for these cars like there are today. It was my daily driver and I was making around $7 per hour at the time. We had only been married a couple of years so I didn't have a lot of spare change lying around to spend on a restoration.
I worked overtime as much as I could to save up the $1400 needed to buy the green machine. I sold the engine (transplanted 440) first and then the shell. The guy I sold it to was gracious enough to let me unbolt anything I wanted to take off the car. He only wanted the 4 speed and interior. I took the power bulges, grille, tail lights and housings and emblems. Before I let it go I put the tires on the green one on the road wheels and put the blank steelies on the red one. It was very tough to let the red one go but at the time there was no other choice.

Okay MC, you're off the hook...

:jester:
Ray

mcmopar

Reaction score
Trust me, I never wanted to get rid of that 1st bird being that I was the one who found it on the used car lot and begged a ride in it any chance I got after dad bought it. I used to sit in the back seat behind dad when the family went to see my grandparents (a 3 hr ride) and loved to just watch him go through the gears. He could really drive that car. And the way the shifter bounced around when the car was in 4th going down the road was a thing of beauty to behold. Plus, sitting in the back seat I was right over the muffler and that car did sound soooo good - even with the stock exhaust system.
It was painful to let it go and I never thought another one could take its place but the green machine has been a fine replacement. I'll never lose this bird to rust like I did the 1st one.

nutso

Reaction score
i am too young and too new to the mopar game, but i enjoyed looking at these pics! very cool. thanks!! :D

mcmopar

Reaction score
Hey nutso - I used to have one of those keychains back when I was 20 or so and driving my dad's road runner. Wow - that sure brought back some memories!

Back